Principal Platform Architect at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Customer Outcomes team at ServiceNow works with customers to help them achieve their business outcomes by providing customer success services and expert services. The team’s purpose is to accelerate customers’ adoption of the ServiceNow platform, enabling customers to realize value faster, reduce costs and reduce risks.
The Customer Outcomes Platform Architect is a technical advisory role, responsible for helping our customers establish a strong technical foundation in the ServiceNow Platform and design solutions that drive business outcomes. This entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations and the overall technical health of the platform. This is a highly consultative role that does not perform configuration on the platform, but guides partner and customer resources to deliver best practices. This role interfaces with the customer across executive, platform owner, enterprise architects and development teams during the selling, structuring and implementation of solutions.
An ideal candidate will have a achieved a senior level position as an enterprise architect and successful track record in management consulting, (professional services firms or cloud software company), focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to senior executives and facilitate customer success from strategic planning functions including business value identification, road mapping, as well as advising and defining successful execution strategies including governance frameworks and managing large enterprise programs.
What you get to do in this role:
- Developing strong relationships with CIO and business leaders to understand the client’s vision and how ServiceNow plays in their digital transformation journey. Translate business objectives to outcomes into a customer roadmap
- Enterprise architecture
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve complex business objectives
- Engages with customer enterprise architects to position ServiceNow as the digital transformation platform integrated with the core systems
- Establish and manage technical governance processes
- Drive solid instance health by reviewing and guiding the remediation of configurations that do not align to ServiceNow best practices.
- Work with clients and ServiceNow teams to establish delivery operating model governance to ensure successful go-lives, end-user adoption and on-going support
- Advocate/champion ServiceNow’s advisory and expert services best practices and industry use cases with clients
- Contribute thought leadership (methodology and white papers) on how Advisory, Expert Services, and Co-Delivery can optimize to achieve customer outcomes
- Guide a customer down a prescriptive solution design and manage through the technical implementation decision points
- Define solutions across the platform that align to out of the box capabilities
- Support the sales effort scoping and estimation that refine the customer vision and capabilities into activities and estimates
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Consulting Experience
- Management Consulting Experience preferred, (Big 4, Strategy Firm) or OEM software or Cloud company
- 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting leadership roles at a top-tier consulting company focused on technology (Digital/SaaS/Enterprise Software)
- Fortune 500 or OEM Software or Cloud CO enterprise architect
- Career Progression (Technical, Architecture)
- Experience working with functional business leaders
- Experience working with functional business leaders
- Experience identifying business objectives and developing outcome-focused roadmaps
- Experience working with large Consulting/SI organizations.
- Large Program Experience
- 5+ years large program experience leading architecture and design
- Enterprise Architecture Experience
- Enterprise Architect role and relevant experience.
- Enterprise Architect certification (Togaf, IT4IT, etc)
- Database, core data design, Security, integrations
- Cloud Application Technology Experience
- Significant role in implementation of one or more; SFDC, WKDAY, Success Factors, Oracle Cloud
- ServiceNow Platform Experience is desired but not required
- Cloud platform certification(s)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Workflow Platforms
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Consultative Perspective
- Manages Complexity
- Strategic Mindset
- Technical Development
- Travel up to 80%
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.