Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
What's the Role?
The Production Manager (PM) position was created to effectively manage the processing pipelines of VPs (LO) who have achieved a predetermined volume threshold based upon the VP’s previous year’s loan volume. Working alongside the Regional Operations Manager (ROM), the PM will be responsible for ensuring the movement of VP units from the Sent to Processing milestone through funding. The PM, with the guidance of the ROM will manage the capacity of the VP’s processing team (POD), interact with Guaranteed Rate support departments as needed, ensure the continued education of the POD regarding performance and adjustments to compliance and company policy; engaging the ROM as needed. The PM will work alongside their ROM, VP, and Sales Management to fulfill Regionally coordinated strategies.
Delegation of loan tasks to POD members:
- Identify owners of tasks based upon the skill sets within the POD
- Clearly communicate expectations
- Outline the task that needs completing
- Outline the timeframe in which it must be done
- Follow up with the delegated party until the task is satisfactorily completed
Operational ownership of the VP’s transaction:
- Utilize the functionality of Guaranteed Rate’s YBR to audit loans daily
- Utilize tools like the YBR and HotList to track loan progress: determine opportunities and trends for team improvement
- Monitor the tasks performed by the processing team, utilizing the YBR (pipeline report) to ensure that loans are happening within set timeframes
- Follow up immediately with POD members on tasks outside of expected turn time
Support Management and Performance Connection:
- Closing Department
- UW Department
- Appraisal Department
- Compliance Department
- Escalation oversight
- The Production Manager will remain up to date on all relevant training, updates to investor guidelines, and internal communications which affect both Sales and Operations.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.