Programmatic Sales Executive
Best known for hosting the timeliest and most comprehensive database of current obituary content in the world, Legacy.com has continued to broaden its offerings, and today is considered the #1 destination for consumers seeking information and guidance on all aspects of end-of-life matters. In the process of doing so, the company has put itself at the center of an ecosystem that connects consumers to newspapers, funeral homes, cremation societies, and related product & service providers.
The company’s competitive advantages include obituary-hosting partnerships with more than 80% of U.S. newspapers; marketing relationships with 5,000+ funeral homes; an award-winning customer service apparatus, deep domain experience in memorialization, and broad consumer reach. Notably, with more than 50 million monthly unique visitors, Legacy.com is a top 25 U.S. website destination, and its domain strength places it at the top of organic searches for nearly every end-of-life and memorialization-related search term.
Legacy.com’s revenue streams are diverse, including newspaper site hosting fees; digital display advertising; eCommerce; funeral-related lead-generation; and subscription-based access to selected content.
Legacy.com is looking for an experienced Programmatic Sales Executive to join a core growth team in our business. This is a key position on a high profile team at Legacy.com, therefore we are seeking a dynamic individual who thrives in a growth culture.
Knowledge of the digital eco-system, programmatic landscape, ad technology, targeting, and attribution is necessary. Legacy’s primary focus is display and native, although there is the flexibility to develop new products and content wherever there is opportunity. We are seeking someone with entrepreneurial drive and spirit who has a firm understanding of digital marketing, deep relationships to buyers, and the ability to generate new connections.
- Lead Legacy.com’s digital media sales efforts
- Establish direct relationships with programmatic buyers, media agencies, advertisers, and trading desks
- Increase direct sold revenue; either through programmatic direct or direct to agency campaigns
- Understand and explain Legacy.com’s core value proposition and articulate that value to clients
- Listen to client feedback and have the ability to work with internal teams to communicate advertiser needs and help shape future ad product development
- Must show accountability and ownership during every stage of the sales lifecycle; prospecting, presenting, negotiating, and ongoing client service.
- 5+ years of sales experience, with a focus on programmatic direct
- Preferred experience with online publisher media sales
- Existing knowledge and contacts within advertising agencies and trading desks
- Understanding of ad-technology, data segmentation, attribution, and analyzing performance for clients
- A successful sales track-record and the ability to set goals and achieve high levels of performance
- Ability to travel, as necessary
- Bachelors degree in a related field
Legacy.com offers a very generous and comprehensive salary and benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- 401k plan
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transit Flex Spending Plans
- RTA and CTA pre-tax payroll deductions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Casual dress
- Daily, company-provided coffee, tea, soda, and snacks
- Friendly, team-oriented, open environment