Regional Account Manager, C.A. Build (Remote, Central) at C.A. Fortune
A ton of companies boast their unlimited PTO and dog-friendly offices, or maybe these days, discounted streaming sweat sessions. We get that and we love that. But at C.A. Fortune, we’re so much more than just cool perks. We’re committed to investing in our people because ultimately, they are who define us. We welcome diversity, value curiosity, and love uniqueness. We strive to provide a space for individuals to become a better version of themselves each day, not only for themselves, but for their teammates, their clients, and their customers.
At C.A. Fortune, we aspire to maintain our position as the nation’s leading consumer brands agency. We realize how fortunate we are (yes, pun intended?), to offer a comprehensive solution to our clients from sales management, to marketing, all the way down to insights, and e-comm. The beauty of that is not only in our breadth of services to our clients, but what that provides us. And that’s the opportunity for individuals (aka future employees, aka you) to find a perfect fit within our org. If you’re a go-getter, willing to roll-up-your-sleeves, are a creative(ish) thinker, you don’t mind parent jokes, and appreciate feedback loops, then we’re probably, ok certainly, the company you’re looking for.
C.A. Build helps brands take center stage via our vast network of retailer and distributor partnerships whether a business is in its early stages of growth or you have a developed brand and are looking to bring in additional dedicated resources. With our dedicated team of regional and national sales experts and sales operations specialists, we take your business to the next level. Our pride and joy is delivering best in class value add services across the entire sales ecosystem for our client partners. In short, we provide you with a true national sales team without sacrificing the energy, passion, and knowledge a brand founder brings to the table – in other words, we let you keep doing you!
C.A. BUILD is seeking an experienced and driven CPG sales professional to join its Sales Team. The Regional Account Manager at BUILD is responsible for leading the sales process at both national and regional specialty/conventional/natural retailers for a portfolio of innovative and growing brands. Their account responsibility is focused on managing mid-tier accounts that take regional priority for all BUILD clients. From driving new business to leading the key account management processes, the Regional Sales Manager is a key player in driving sales growth for BUILD brands. The Regional Account Manager develops strategic go to market plans for BUILD clients, selling to key retailers, and leading the execution level steps at all times. In addition, this person has the responsibility of managing broker partners at their key accounts to drive new and existing sales through line extensions, presentations, and trade promotion execution.
- Lead strategic planning discussions for all BUILD clients in relation to assigned territory and go to market strategy.
- Oversee category review process from brand perspective. Never miss reviews, lead retailer presentations as the head sales representative of the brand, manage broker partners execution throughout.
- Provide experience-based insights into the best possible approach to driving sales at both existing and new retailer partners
- Attend retailer presentations as representative of brand, manage broker partners throughout
- Prospect non-review accounts and drive sales via ad hoc meetings
- Develop key buyer relationships with retailers in respective territory
- Develop strategic trade spend plans by key retailer and partner with BUILD Sales Operations team to incorporate plans on proprietary trade planning tool
- Provide key retailer updates on retailer scorecard on a routine basis for all BUILD clients
- Drive warehouse velocities through partnership with broker and distributor teams for respective territory
- Build and form partnerships with current and potential clients
- 2+ years of account management experience (preferably in CPG industry)
- Bachelors degree or higher
- Trade spend planning and management experience (preferred)
- Office & Outlook proficiency
- Experience working with both National and Regional distributors
- Experience selling product direct to retailers (NCG, Infra, HyVee, or HEB preferred)
- Experience across multiple categories throughout the store (preferred)
- Effective communicator and ability to establish rapport quickly
- Ability to work independently and meet goals that have been established; such as, quarterly meeting goals, revenue and trade spend goals, and other client specific KPIs
- Strong leadership qualities
Travel Requirements: up to 50% to present to assigned accounts
· Reports to Director, Sales
· Works collaboratively with leadership positions across all pillars of organization (i.e. Client Partnership, Distributor Management, Sales Management, etc.)
Location: Remote, Central preferred
· Salary commensurate with level of experience and current market landscape
· Benefits package available: medical, dental, life insurance, 401k
· Additional Options: vision, short term & long-term disability
· Company provided computer