Regional Restaurant Sales Manager
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Manage and direct a sales team to achieve regional goals and individual market goals
- Proactively and reactively work hands on with sales executives, respond quickly to questions, lead team meetings, foster a team mentality, and drive results
- Continuously improve team and individual performance through consistent tactical sales training, process improvements, and best practice sharing
- Ensure that sales activities remain aligned with company strategy
- Recommend product or service enhancements to management that help improve restaurant satisfaction and sales potential.
- Serve as a local expert and report market activity, trends, updates
- Use quantitative analytics and insight gained from previous situational experience to make recommendations for improvement
- Recruit top performing sales execs and hold the team accountable to goals
- Assist in additional projects as needed
- Provide insight and develop sales strategies to successfully sell marquee restaurants
You Should Have
- A coach’s mentality: you love helping others succeed and find tremendous joy in team wins
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area, and 2+ years of management experience and at least 5 years of successful sales experience
- Familiar with a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to combine insights from past experiences, analytics, and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Proven record of success in developing sales teams and delivering significant sales growth
- Solid knowledge of how local sales processes work. Knowledge of the restaurant industry a major plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to live, work, and travel within the regional sales area
- Desire to continuously learn and improve
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Salesforce.com
And Of Course, Perks!
- Competitive, uncapped compensation (Base salary + Monthly commission)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.