Regional Sales Director at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s Business Development & Sales group is responsible for helping our advisor and institutional clients build their businesses and provide better outcomes for investors. The group is structured primarily along the following client segments: Advisor, Asset Management, Retirement, Redistributor, and Commodities & Energy.
The Role: As a Regional Sales Director on the Direct to Advisor sales team, you must generate revenue for Morningstar by effectively managing a sales territory. You will develop and maintain client relationships by assessing a client`s needs, as well as use a consultative approach to assemble creative solutions from Morningstar`s product offerings. This person must quickly develop a thorough understanding of our capabilities and how our solutions solve problems. This position requires client-facing travel within an assigned territory and is based in our Chicago office.
- Maintain and aggressively grow a book of business within an assigned territory.
- Proactively uncover sales opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Conduct demonstrations of Morningstar capabilities and solutions.
- Build a network of advisors in your territory through industry conferences and trade associations.
- Act as a liaison between the client and our software engineers to drive development.
- Document your activities in SFDC.
- A bachelor's degree.
- A minimum of two years of sales experience, with a proven record of success.
- A creative approach to problem-solving.
- Direct exposure to the financial marketplace is desirable, as is a comfort level with technology and software.
- Excellent listening, communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.