Regional Sales Manager at DoorDash
We’re looking for a Regional Sales Manager to lead our Outside Sales efforts in the Central Region. Outside Sales encompasses the several functions required to win key local and regional merchants, such as Sales Development Representatives and Regional Account Sales Executives. Additionally, as the leader of the Outside Sales team in this territory, the Regional Sales Manager partners closely with the locally-based Merchant Strategy & Operations team to ensure that our systems ensure the highest possible impact from our individual contributors.About the Role
We’re looking for a Regional Sales Manager to lead and grow our Outside Sales team. The Sales Development Representatives and Regional Account Sales Executives reporting into this role bring the best local and regional merchants across the Central Region onto the DoorDash platform as fast as possible, taking advantage of our multitude of services to strike mutually beneficial terms. You will be responsible for growing the team and supporting them in this effort.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist on important deals — the best Regional Sales Managers play a supporting role to their direct reports in many different ways, from prospecting the top new restaurant groups to sourcing the decision maker to creating the sales deck and helping with the close.
- Integrate with the region — our sales team has ownership over most of our revenue-based regional goals, and it is up to the Regional Sales Manager to ensure your region is staffed appropriately and Account Executives are performing to hit these goals.
- Scale insights — establish best practices for how to effectively manage a sales team and their book of business and develop new sales plans, strategies and programs to help increase your team’s productivity
- Be a strong people leader - Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your team and manage accordingly; provide weekly and monthly performance reports with your team; experience coaching and developing a high velocity sales team.
- You’re a self-starter — you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
- You have experience leading a team— you pride yourself on your ability to motivate others
- You’re a problem solver — you can translate high-level goals into applicable plans
- You have 2+ years of sales experience with experience exceeding goals
- You have 3+ years of sales management experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- You pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are tech-savvy and navigate sales and internal tools quickly (Salesforce, Google Apps)
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our ambitious goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.