If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewPelco, a MSI company, is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of predictive video security solutions including cameras, recording and management systems, software, and services. Our personal engagement with customers, resellers and technology partners drives the development and deployment of surveillance and security solutions with meaningful innovation. It’s the foundation that Pelco has built its brand upon for over 25 years.
From the recently introduced VideoXpert video management platform to our industry-leading selection of IP cameras and accessories, Pelco is committed to designing and delivering a broad range of high-quality, IP video security solutions, products, and systems that make The World Safer.
The Regional Sales Manager acts as a primary contact for Pelco channel partners including Platinum, Gold, and Silver level integrators and distributors in the assigned territory, proactively manages their relationships and deploys sales actions and strategies in order to grow business and meet territory revenue goals.
Embraces and promotes Pelco values (Innovation & Excellence, Customer Focus, Integrity, Respect & Recognition, Collaboration, Ownership) in all actions to deliver on Pelco’s vision of making the world safer through our mission to deliver distinctive video solutions and world-class customer experiences. Candidates are encouraged to visit www.pelco.com to learn about our Vision, Mission and Values that are the cornerstone of Pelco.
This role will be responsible for Northern Illinois and Wisconsin.
- Develop and execute territory business plans
- Build relationships with key personnel at channel partners who drive Pelco business
- Identify and understand customer challenges and recommend Pelco solutions
- Develop new opportunities with channel partners
- Support channel partners on joint end-user customer visits
- Provide Pelco product training
- Conduct product demonstrations
- Communicate key information on new products, announcements, and promotions
- Execute and support regional marketing events
- Develop and maintain healthy opportunity pipeline
- Conduct quarterly business reviews and monthly pipeline reviews with channel partners
- Provide accurate territory forecasting to sales leadership
- Assist channel partners with quotations and proposals
- Collaborate with Pelco colleagues including Business Development Managers, Vertical Managers, Inside Sales, and Technical Sales Engineering
- Meet/exceed assigned territory revenue targets
- Perform other related duties as assigned
End User Business Development
- Responsible for developing new business in designated market for end-users
- Act as primary business development person in assigned territory to: Identify key end-users, Identifies development/sales opportunities and engage in prospecting/qualifying actions with end users
- Define the growth strategy for his/her accounts and drives its implementation
- Build Relationships with key end users in assigned territory
- Support local requests from partners to visit potential end users
- Follow up on any potential leads or opportunities that come from marketing activities
- Conduct demos of products for any requested customers in assigned territory
- Execute local key end-user events and within assigned territories
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business area
- 5+ years’ experience in security solutions sales
- 3+ years’ customer facing experience
- Physical security experience (hardware and/or software)
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Listening and presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills; ability to close business while achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Driven, resourceful, self-starter, with strong initiative
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High attention to detail
- Working knowledge on Salesforce.com
- Established relationships and demonstrated success with integrators and distributors
- Experience in prospecting new business
- Track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to travel approximately 50%
- Bachelors Degree with 5+ years of sales experience in security solutions or 8+ years of sales in security solutions
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.