In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Profit, it means that we commit to discovering the needs of our customers, identifying ways that we can help solve their problems with our products, and selling them our solutions when we can add value. We commit to excellence in how we think about our sales and relationship management processes. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 as one of the country’s fastest growing companies, four years in a row.
Relationship Managers are responsible for maintaining relationships with key decision-makers at our customer accounts. As a Relationship Manager covering our Mid-Market segment, you will join an established sales team that values collaboration, teamwork, and performance. In this role, you will work with customers in your defined territory and hold regular account reviews and coordinate with other teams to ensure we retain not only our customers' trust but their business. You will also lead the renewal process and drive revenue growth through up-selling and cross-selling our products and services. Our existing customers in this segment are leading brokerages within Commercial Real Estate, and you will help ensure they maximize the value of their investment in our product.
This is a key hire for us in 2021 and you will have a sizable and direct impact on our revenue goals. You will be serving in a critical segment with lots of revenue growth potential.What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- 5+ years of overall experience selling solutions or services to commercial businesses, or managing churn/renewal/upsell/cross-sell as a Customer Success Manager, Relationship Manager, Account Manager, or similar
- A passion for building relationships, understanding and ensuring delivery of desired business outcomes, and selling solutions over time
- Excitement about SaaS, B2B sales and high-tech
- Highly coachable, eager to learn, and interested in growing a career in technology sales/customer success
- Self-starter with track records of success in their professional, personal, or collegiate lives
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exemplary problem-solving skills and ability to take initiative
- Experience managing a significant number of emails and phone calls per day
- Superior attention to detail with exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Adaptable to change and desire to learn in a fast-paced sales environment
- Experience using Salesforce CRM preferred
- Leverage your deep understanding of our products and your customer’s goals to make strategic recommendations and enhance the customer experience through regular account reviews
- Drive revenue growth through up-selling and cross-selling customers on our products and solutions
- Own the customer renewal process with a focus on revenue retention
- Manage relationships with key decision-makers within customer accounts
- Generate new leads through strategic customer account calls
- Strategize, negotiate, and close business on a quarterly cycle ensuring that you meet your monthly quota
- Partner with the Customer Success and Product teams to manage account escalations
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.