About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a motivated and dedicated SMB Relationship Manager who will care for and renew their book of SMB customers.
Reporting to the Manager of SMB RM, the SMB Relationship Manager should have a high level of organization, initiative, and excellent communication skills. This a new role at G2, and the candidate we are looking for should have an entrepreneurial spirit and ideally be able to understand business processes, and recommend when and how changes should be made.
In this role you will:
- Manage a large portfolio of SMB customers
- Understand what an engaged/healthy customer looks like vs. a customer in need of consultation, using automated systems
- Reach out and offer prescriptive help to customers in need
- Respond quickly to customers asking for help
- Identify expansion opportunities
- Manage a full sales cycle from identifying opportunity to value delivery to close & implementation
- Renew customer contracts
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 1-2 years experience in a combination of business development, account manager, or account executive
- Experience in a B2B environment
- Experience in the software, technology, or digital marketing industry
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with little supervision and timely customer follow-up
- 1 year of closing experience
What can help your application stand out:
- Salesforce admin experience
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here http://culture.g2.com/commitments