What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the development of new mortgage business from both credit union members and noncredit union referral sources. Work includes prospecting non-member borrowers and referral sources as well as prospecting to credit union provided lead opportunities. Resources to do the job include knowledge of credit union products and mortgage guidelines, as well as an overall knowledge of mortgage lending and current market conditions.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Responsible for the development of new mortgage business developed through referral sources such as realtors, and past clients
- Responsible for outbound calling and selling to member leads and credit union provided non-member leads
- A minimum of 60% of the position duties is dedicated to sales and prospecting
- Develops and continually grows a diverse referral base
- Identifies and sells Alliant’s mortgage strengths and niches
- Systematically prospect and follow up credit union provided leads
- Develops and consistently executes a goal focused business plan
- Takes accurate and complete first mortgage loan applications, collects initial documentation and forwards to processing unit
- Originates quality applications that meet Alliant’s product guidelines
- Sets proper borrower expectations and works with member and processing to facilitate a smooth and timely member experience
- Works with borrower and processing unit throughout loan process to ensure member satisfaction and expectations are met
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related field, 2 years of successful experience as a retail loan officer with a currently active referral base, and you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgment, PC proficiency and a proven track record of successful production while working with minimal supervision
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off