Revenue Operations Manager
project44 is currently looking for a Sales Operations Manager to support the Sales department and will be based in Chicago reporting to the VP, Sales Operations. The Sales Operations Manager will support project44 by increasing productivity through process alignment and reporting while enforcing sound business process control. As a Sales Operations Manager, you will manage the sales pipeline and forecast, create and audit Salesforce reports, audit Salesforce data, perform deal construction & analysis, streamline sales process, and maximize profitability. The Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for driving enhancements to the sales process and Salesforce alignment with those processes to increase business velocity and improve operational efficiencies. The Sales Operations Manager will also create and manage reporting and performance management. The Sales Operations Manager will work closely with Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, Operations and Product Marketing, and play a critical role in sales order management for all projects arriving through the sales pipeline.
The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for aligning Salesforce with the customer journey and sales process, ensuring that everyone in the company has the full customer or prospective customer story. Identify process improvements, automate where possible and integrate workflows with existing programs for continuous improvement and business process re-engineering. Produce dashboards and reports within Salesforce that give everyone at the company insight to our KPI’s, progress and performance. Manage the overall analysis of standard and complex deals including discounting, deal structure, business terms and identification of potential risks and/or opportunities that can affect performance, growth and strategic positioning. Be a go to person on all pricing matters and advise sales staff on appropriate pricing strategies and actions. Collaborate with finance on sales commissions at the end of every month. As a Sales Operations Manager you will also perform data quality management activities to ensure high data integrity of project44’s sales funnel.
We seek a self-starter that is detail oriented, displays excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys the challenges of working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Other responsibilities of Sales Operations Manager include:
- Assist in generating top-down/bottom-up forecasting for sales
- Measure, monitor, and report select performance metrics, including sales rep commissions
- Align Salesforce with the buyer journey
- Assist with complex deal creation, beginning with the proposal, through the entire deal process.
- Review and approve all deals that pass through the organization.
- Provide and manage “standard deal” parameters and tools that the sales organization can leverage.
- Review business terms on MSA’s
- Allow the sales organization to focus on selling, giving them the opportunity to find and close more deals.
- Monitor and enforce CRM data integrity with relevant sales opportunities in support of the overall sales process
- Help complete pricing and business term review for RFP’s/RFQ’s/RFI’s
- 2 years relevant experience
- Experience with forecasting and sales KPI management
- Previous hands-on experience with Salesforce
- Excellent knowledge of revenue recognition, contract management and deal structure
- Experience in technology companies with sales operations, deal desk, or contract management.
- Demonstrated ability enabling Sales teams to win business.
- Must be highly analytical, with sound decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Experience in building tools, modeling frameworks, work flow management & control capabilities to drive sales autonomy on standard deals, and controls for complex non-standard deals.
- Results oriented, passionate and demonstrates a bias to action.
- Ability to lead others to make correct decisions. Sets appropriate expectations and holds people accountable.
- Business savvy; understands and has a proven track record in building rapport across all corporate functions to lead to sound financial revenue driven decisions that are both profitable and provide minimal risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task and produce quality work in a fast-paced environment