Risk Model Sales Specialist at Morningstar
The Risk Model Sales Specialist (RSS) role is a critical technical sales role specializing in portfolio risk management capabilities. Across both strategic accounts and prospective new logo clients, the RSS works closely with the other members of the sales, product, marketing and customer success teams to drive sales of Morningstar’s Risk Model capabilities within the Direct Cloud platform.
The RSS serves as the Risk Model product and domain expert leveraging deep industry and subject matter expertise to effectively communicate the power and value of Morningstar’s analytical capabilities. The RSS engages across multiple stages of the end to end client sales process. While the RSS will engage in territory planning, opportunity identification, and prospecting, the primary function will be to qualify and advance opportunities as the technical product expert with a diverse set of client buyer roles and personas. The RSS will primarily work in a teamed sales environment working with inside and outside sales resources as the product technical expert.
The RSS role requires a strong working knowledge of risk management, portfolio management and construction, portfolio optimization, performance attribution, risk decomposition, multi-factor models, stress testing, and other topics. In addition to the strong quantitative background, successful candidates must also have a strong track record of working and collaborating across internal functional teams to solve clients' problems. The RSS must also represent Morningstar across all client buying roles, including senior executives, portfolio managers, risk managers, traders, researchers, technology teams and procurement staff.
This position sits within the Global Sales and Client Services organization which is responsible for global sales, clients solutions, customer success, client support technical client support, and account management.
• Plan and execute sales calls with sales leaders in our strategic accounts group, serving as the Risk Model domain expert. Progress and advance these opportunities to closure.
• Support inside and outside sales on existing opportunities that require subject matter depth and technical expertise. Progress and advance these opportunities to closure.
• Follow established sales operations processes and guidelines to enable accurate and timely analysis of product sales performance.
• Collaborate with Product and Marketing on product roadmap, segment analysis, competitive positioning, client feedback.
• Support marketing on go-to-market efforts including inbound and outbound demand generation strategies.
• Mentor and coach other sales and customer success team members on key messaging and value proposition for Morningstar Risk Model.
Desired experience and qualifications:
• 8+ years of relevant experience
• Strong analytic and quantitative skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Highly motivated, competitive self-starter with the ability to work individually or within a team
• Sales and/or client engagement experience in the financial service sector with a proven record of success.
• In depth experience working in portfolio construction and optimization, risk management, quantitative/proprietary trading, and/or quantitative research specifically in a portfolio management or risk management function.
• Solid knowledge of risk modelling technologies and the competitive landscape.
• Bachelor's Degree with a quantitative focus in mathematics, engineering, finance, or economics preferred
• Master's Degree in a business or quantitative field preferred
• CFA charter holder or other financial certifications valued
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.