The Role: The Sales and Product Associate will help the Sales team meet and exceed goals by assisting in sales efforts and daily activities. The Retirement & Workplace Solutions sales team is responsible for identifying opportunities in the marketplace that will be a good fit for our spectrum of retirement offerings and is charged with creating new institutional relationships and expanding existing ones to grow Morningstar's retirement business. In achieving this aim, this individual will contribute to prospecting, Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, Managed Account analysis (blue bubble charts), Sales Force reporting, as well as coordinating with marketing and relationship management to grow revenue, focusing on retirement plan providers and sponsors, for the Retirement & Workplace Solutions business. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Meet and exceed individual and team sales goals.
- Identify, generate and convert sales leads into qualified prospects for sales representatives.
- Manage outbound prospecting campaigns and inbound leads from marketing.
- Coordinate resources in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
- Develop comprehensive command of Morningstar Investment Management methodologies.
- Diligently track and manage client interactions within Salesforce.com.
- Collaborate with client service, sales, product, and marketing teams.
- Assist sales executives in maintaining on-time retention of existing business.
- Manage sales data analytics and prospect data for sales representatives.
- Become an expert in the macro process to run our bubble charts (full plan analysis, stop guessing and year in reviews).
- Be proficient with Sales Force for tracking and reporting purposes across multiple sales teams.
- Sales/customer service experience with proven success in achieving goals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- High level of energy, persistence and motivation.
- A desire to continually learn, grow and be challenged while developing a career in sales
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Excel is a must.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in retirement and/or financial services is also required.
002_MstarAssocLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity