Sales Associate at Morningstar
Who We Are002_MIMLLC Morningstar Investment Management LLC Legal Entity
Morningstar’s Retirement & Workplace Solutions, part of Morningstar Investment Management LLC- a registered investment adviser and subsidiary of Morningstar, Inc., focuses on helping individuals achieve better retirement outcomes by working with institutional clients in the global defined contribution and workplace markets. This is a high growth area for Morningstar and houses a diverse product suite and unique client base- consisting of retirement plan providers, sponsors, consultants and advisors. By constantly evolving our solutions and solving our client's problems, we believe we are well-positioned well to helping individuals build for a better retirement.
The Sales Associate will help the Sales team meet and exceed goals by assisting in sales efforts and daily activities. The Retirement & Workplace Solutions sales team is responsible for identifying opportunities in the marketplace that will be a good fit for our spectrum of retirement offerings and is charged with creating new institutional relationships and expanding existing ones to grow Morningstar's retirement business. In achieving this aim, this individual will contribute to prospecting, Request for Proposal (RFP) responses, as well as coordinating with marketing and relationship management to grow revenue, focusing on retirement plan providers and sponsors, for the Retirement & Workplace Solutions business.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Meet and exceed individual and team sales goals.
• Identify, generate and convert sales leads into qualified prospects for sales representatives.
• Manage outbound prospecting campaigns and inbound leads from marketing.
• Coordinate resources in the Request for Proposal (RFP) process.
• Develop comprehensive command of Morningstar Investment Management methodologies.
• Diligently track and manage client interactions within Salesforce.com.
• Collaborate with client service, sales, product, and marketing teams.
• Assist sales executives in maintaining on-time retention of existing business.
• Manage sales data analytics and prospect data for sales representatives
What You’ll Need To Succeed
• Sales/customer service experience with proven success in achieving goals.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
• High level of energy, persistence and motivation.
• A desire to continually learn, grow and be challenged while developing a career in sales
• Experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• A bachelor`s degree.
• At least 2 years of experience in retirement and/or financial services.
A cover letter is required. Please upload your cover letter in the same attachment field that you upload your resume in, labeled Resume/CV.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.