Sales Business Analyst
Located in the heart of Chicago’s technology hub, the Merchandise Mart, we have become the industry leader because we attract and retain great talent! As we continue to grow, we are looking for an individual to join our Sales team to lead sales data analysis in a newly created role.
The Sales Business Analyst will provide detailed reports on business performance, conduct operational analysis and implement process improvements. Additionally, this person will work directly with the Sales Leadership Team conducting reports, running analytics, integration and quality assurance. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, business savvy, excels at writing and project management and can partner with key decision makers to drive successful outcomes.
Our Values are to champion customer success, build open & honest relationships, choose simple, be humble and make a difference. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and feel you can embrace our values, check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Sales Leadership to produce and analyze reports of business performance and develop, implement, and evolve territory, incentive and quota setting strategies
- Analyze complex business problems using data from various sources to provide insight to decision-makers for the identification of strategies and tactical opportunities
- Drive initiatives to create value and increase operational efficiency
- Develop method changes to improve processes, reduce risks, and/or increase satisfaction
- Prepare presentations for the Sales Leadership and Executive Team to highlight trends and summarize business plans.
- Perform regular ad hoc reporting/analysis as needed
- Assist in business specific projects as needed
Minimum Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field
- 4+ years of business experience with 2 years in data analysis roles
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to synthesize and interpret technical data and business concepts
- Create and develop analysis for sales efficiency and sales effectiveness KPIs
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with superior presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and data analytics
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Experience using Salesforce Wave
- Knowledge of creating and analyzing pricing strategies
- Experience in sales operations and sales analysis functions
- Software or SAAS company experience
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis with a positive attitude towards contributing and continual learning
At VelocityEHS (formerly MSDSonline) we’re all about helping companies around the world promote a safer work environment for their employees. We develop innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions that enable our customers, environmental health and safety (EHS) professionals in a wide range of industries, to work faster and more cost-effectively in administering their overall safety compliance programs.
Headquartered in the heart of downtown Chicago, VelocityEHS is much more than just a place to work. VelocityEHS has cultivated a unique environment where success is both a journey and an everyday occurrence. We work hard and play hard because we love what we do. We also have the best office in the city, complete with a rooftop and game room. We place a high value on teamwork, and at the same time, look for individuals who are self-motivated and willing to take risk to help the company advance.
VelocityEHS offers many benefits, including: paid time off, health/dental insurance, 401(K) plan, casual dress, transit benefit program and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
Visit our careers page for more information: