Notice: Due to the current circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Kin Insurance has shifted to a remote workforce. While we hope to return to the office sometime soon, our priority is to maintain safe and healthy working conditions for our staff. For that reason, we will continue to operate, interview, and hire on a remote basis until further notice.
While this role will start remote, we will require this individual to be based in our Chicago office.
Kin Insurance exists to change home insurance from what it is to what it should be. We do this by applying data science and analytics to make decisions, automation to reduce redundancies and unnecessary costs, and innovative thinking to change the way customers interact with and get value from their home insurance provider. We do this because we wholeheartedly believe that customers deserve better from their insurance.
Currently four years old, Kin began with the notion that technology could improve our industry, so we started by researching the most important part of our business: the customer. After building our platform from the ground up, we launched the Kin Inter Insurance Network, a customer-owned carrier in Florida. By applying our vision for a data-driven, technology-forward insurance company, we are able to offer customers affordable insurance in a straightforward, simplified approach. In 2020, Kin is continuing to grow in Florida while expanding into other states.
While our approach to home insurance makes us a unique business, the people and culture at Kin are what make us special. We are problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and empathizers who care about one another and have a passion for creating positive change. We each bring a diverse array of experience to Kin that fuels a passion for learning and growth that we foster as a company.
So, what’s the role?
Kin’s passionate sales team takes center stage in achieving our mission to be a world class customer centric insurance company distinguished by disrupting a century old industry with new and efficient techniques, strategies, and systems. Our consultants demonstrate this by exceeding sales goals without compromising ethics to protect our customers and ourselves to remain compliant in a highly regulated industry. And in our commitment to integrity and the success of our sales representatives, we cover the costs of training, testing, and licensing. As a licensed sales representative, you’ll be responsible for connecting with interested individuals to provide consultation for identifying their home insurance needs, developing the best policies to protect their homes, and confidently building customized quotes to close the sale. Ultimately, the Kin sales consultant is an exceptionally nimble individual who is in tune to an ever-changing environment that requires folks who embrace the holistic need for continual support, learning, and growth to catalyze positive, impactful customer experiences.
A day in the life could include:
- Connecting with customers to discuss home insurance options and quotes assisted by auto dialer technology for a seamless process.
- We also connect with customers via email, text, and chat. Following up with all outstanding potential customers to answer their questions, address concerns, and close the sale.
- Assessing customer needs using targeted questions to determine the best policy.
- Building custom policies for each customer using internal tools and systems.
- Educating customers on the finer points of home insurance for their best understanding.
- Actively keeping current with industry changes and trends to remain competitive.
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- You thrive in a demanding sales environment because you are knowingly confident in your ability to exceed sales targets by overcoming objections through compelling reasoning to ensure closing the sale.
- You are a superiorly efficient sales consultant who actively leverages technical knowledge of CRM and software tools to make buying home insurance EASY and HAPPY customers!
- Your flexibility allows you to work one weekend shift every eight weeks and to work any of the following shifts: 7 am to 4 pm, 8 am to 5 pm, 9 am to 6 pm, 10 am to 7 pm
- You possess a Property and Casualty license
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry, we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you. These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide:
Commuter Benefit Plans
18 days of PTO plus company holidays. Our culture values a healthy work/life balance
Flex Spending Accounts
Onsite gym membership - after we return to the office
Read Full Job Description