Sales & Customer Success Trainer
Reporting to the Head of Sales Enablement & Talent Development, the Sales and Customer Success Trainer partners with stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and execute impactful learning and development solutions that identify and grow individual capabilities and build organizational knowledge specifically for our Direct to Advisor (DTA) sales and Customer Success Managers (CSM).
As the Sales & Customer Success Trainer you will focus on curriculum and coaching that will elevate each team’s ability to expand and enhance client relationships and uncover opportunities for Morningstar.
Our ideal candidate understands our company objectives and suggests ideas to achieve them through sales training and coaching. For this position, you should combine excellent organization skills with an ability to interact with team members and motivate them to succeed.
• Develop a full spectrum of training curriculum appropriate for each audience (DTA, CSM); this includes taking inventory of existing curriculum, identifying gaps and developing any missing content.
• Implement a coaching program through which learners benefit from 1:1 observation of their skills and identify ways to improve their client interactions. Observe, coach, measure, and assess learners sales & service skills.
• Master and facilitate existing training programs including on-boarding as well as on-going business development and relationship management skill development, product and industry specific programs.
• Develop and deliver Training for GTM plans.
• Partner with senior leaders to identify overall training needs, specifically related to client relationships and sales goals.
• Work with Sales and Customer Success leadership to evaluate team performance to ensure consistencies across offices.
• Report on training program effectiveness and adjust programs as needed.
• Be resourceful to learn and master the complexities of the industries that Morningstar serves.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 7+ years of progressively responsible employee training and development experience including hands-on instruction, training program development, and coaching.
• Experience in coaching and/or in employee development.
• Proven experience in a training role with the ability to manage the full training cycle.
• A desire to work directly with those in Sales and Customer Success, both individually and in team environments.
• Strong client focus and the ability to quickly and effectively build and sustain relationships and establish trust.
• Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS).
• Experience using Salesforce or other sales enablement tools preferred.
• Ability to effectively present material to groups of all levels in person and via phone/virtual classroom.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels in the organization.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or priorities at once.
• Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to learn additional programs as needed.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.