Sales Development Executive
Tock is reimagining how chefs, restaurants, and wineries across the world run their businesses and manage reservations.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005 - now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. For years they were spending $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations. Knowing there had to be a solution, Nick started work on a new reservation system. The homemade platform was a success, nearly eliminating no-shows and dramatically improving the guest experience. Soon after, Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to turn this simple idea into a robust platform to change the way people dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of November 2019):
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with Chase Pay & Ultimate Rewards
- Announced an exclusive partnership and integration with WineDirect
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 28 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Has now processed over $600 million in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
As a member of Tock's growing sales organization, you'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
As a Sales Development Executive, you will help to generate new business opportunities and work closely with our Territory Account Executives to schedule meetings and product demonstrations. This position is a step into our Sales department and an opportunity to learn sales fundamentals and what it takes to generate a sales pipeline.
What we're looking for
- 1-2 years of inside sales prospecting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
What you’ll do
- Prospect, qualify, generate, and follow up on leads and set meetings and product demonstrations for sales team
- Leverage cold calls, email, and social media messaging to generate interest in Tock
- Provide accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales lead gen activity reports to management team
- Achieve sales lead gen and appointment quotas
- Cultivate a high level of company knowledge and insight into restaurant industry trends to help create strategies for business development
- Generate and qualify leads by researching restaurants and following industry news to add to lead gen pipeline and contribute to target market planning
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch
- Nitro coffee on tap