Tock is changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe. This includes a robust reservation, pickup and delivery, guest, and table management system for businesses of all sizes.
Nick Kokonas and Chef Grant Achatz opened Alinea to international fanfare in 2005—now a perennial Michelin three star and widely considered one of the best restaurants in the world. From the start they were spending an average of $140,000 a year on staff dedicated to managing reservations and losing an average of $260,000 a year on cancellations, problems Nick wanted to solve. Nick founded Tock with Brian Fitzpatrick, founder of Google's Chicago engineering office, to do just that — to design and develop a new, robust reservation platform to change the way people around the world search, book, and dine.
Tock’s explosive growth (as of May 2020):
- Awarded Built In’s “2020 Best Places to Work”
- Announced Tock’s platform will be powering JP Morgan Chase’s new Dining Program
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed almost $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
As a member of Tock's growing sales organization, you'll be part of a dynamic group, working alongside some of the world’s best Chefs, accomplished entrepreneurs, and world famous restaurant owners. The ideal candidate is interested in working in a startup environment and is excited about the restaurant and hospitality industry.
As a Sales Development Executive, you will help to generate new business opportunities and work closely with our Territory Account Executives to schedule meetings and product demonstrations. This position is a step into our Sales department and an opportunity to learn sales fundamentals and what it takes to generate a sales pipeline.
What we're looking for
- 1-2 years of inside sales prospecting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
What you’ll do
- Prospect, qualify, generate, and follow up on leads and set meetings and product demonstrations for sales team
- Leverage cold calls, email, and social media messaging to generate interest in Tock
- Provide accurate and timely weekly/monthly sales lead gen activity reports to management team
- Achieve sales lead gen and appointment quotas
- Cultivate a high level of company knowledge and insight into restaurant industry trends to help create strategies for business development
- Generate and qualify leads by researching restaurants and following industry news to add to lead gen pipeline and contribute to target market planning
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision), 401k
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave