Sales Development Manager, Central/West at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Braze is looking for a proven business development leader to further drive outbound pipeline growth by directing and coaching our highly ambitious BDR Team. This role requires you to have strong hands-on experience in working day-to-day with the team in delivering; a comprehensive training program, provide ongoing sales coaching, monitoring sales prospecting activity levels and maintain a team-oriented, performance-minded culture. Additionally, this role will work with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure the Enterprise BDR Team is properly positioning our service and qualifying opportunities to achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and revenue goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee the daily activities and quota performance management of individual BDRs to ensure key performance metrics are met
- Hire and quickly ramp new Enterprise BDRs with training, including product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays
- Provide BDRs with a coaching cadence of time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills
- Strategize with sales and marketing counterparts on pipeline and prospecting initiatives to meet company objectives
- Establish a library of prospecting resources for the BDR team
- Maintain a high-performance BDR Team culture and morale
- Drive operational excellence through constant innovation
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Develop and execute career development and leadership
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of B2B sales experience (SaaS preferred)
- 2+ years of Enterprise experience in B2B SaaS sales leadership (Team Lead and/or Manager)
- A history of consistently performing above quota in an outbound sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Salesforce power user, and familiarity with email and call automation platforms
- Bonus points:
- Some technical experience in the background (built an app, website, took coding courses, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.