SALES DEVELOPMENT REP - INSIDE SALES at Sphera
Sphera, the former Operational Excellence and Risk Management business of IHS Inc. (“Company”) is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enable companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability (“EHS&S”) processes. Amongst a wide variety of use cases, the software allows customers to standardize and automate processes such as incident reporting, to monitor emissions and ensure regulatory compliance and to track chemical inventory throughout a manufacturing cycle. The company was recently spun off by IHS and acquired by Genstar Capital, essentially positioning it as a $100MM start up.
Sphera, a worldwide leader in the environmental health and safety technology space, is currently searching for an enthusiastic Sales Development Representative with a sales hunter mentality to join our fast-growing sales team. As a member of our professional sales team, you will follow up on marketing inquiries as well as hunt for new business opportunities in an effort to set appointments for our global salesforce. This position will give you the potential to evolution into a full cycle sales position!
The sales role - based in our Chicago office - is an entry-level inside sales position that quickly grows within this and other sales teams at Sphera. All reps will be ramped up with a progression of classroom and live practice to begin their sales journey. Once they establish a level of
productivity and command of the role, our teams transition to focus on specific categories and more lucrative accounts.
This is a full-time, base salary plus commission role (commission is uncapped)
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals Aggressive appointment setting
activities driven through both outbound business development activities as well
as following up on inquiries coming from our awesome marketing programs.
- Outbound calling and quick
response to inquiries in order to set appointments for the sales team.
- Leverage proven consultative sales methodologies to analyze the prospect’s businesses to address their changing automation needs
- Develop and manage a follow up cadence to systematically nurture potential leads that aren’t quite ready to buy.
- Participate in interactive training & educational sessions in order to stay abreast of changes in Sphera solutions, sales, and the industry.
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed sales targets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial Inside Sales environment.
- Experience selling over the phone and cold calling various types of business across all industries.
- A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous at how great of a person you are.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing; or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ year of sales experience, with a successful track record in solution based selling environment highly preferred
- Software and/or software as a service (SaaS) product sales highly preferred
- Business to Business (B2B) sales experience highly preferred
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can thrive in a competitive but fun team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other CRM tool(s) highly preferred
At Sphera, we are working together to help our customers keep their people safe, their products sustainable and their operations productive. The best people don't want a job, they want to change the world and themselves. The best want to challenge the status quo. The best want to grow themselves and their careers. Come check out what Sphera has to offer and how that matches up with your career goals.
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.