Sales Development Representative (SDR) Lead
NOTE: This is a 100% remote (work from home) job for candidates located in the Chicago metro area.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on the leading cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).
Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale. Learn more at cloudacademy.com.
Overview of the role:
The Sales Development Representative Lead role is an mid-level position that gives you a great opportunity to continue your sales career at a truly global organization. We're growing fast and invite you to grow with us! Sales Development is a critical component of the sales organization at Cloud Academy. As the "tip of the spear," you will manage a small team of SDRs while also working hands on to open new sales conversations and create sales opportunities for our Account Executives. You will be on the front lines of our business and as such, you must be comfortable cold calling, talking to strangers, communicating our value proposition, and building our sales pipeline!
What awesome stuff you'll do:
· Manage, mentor, grow and develop a small team of remote SDRs
· Cold outbound calls and emails to prospective customers and schedule initial discovery/qualifications calls with prospective customers
· Communicate to arm Account Executives for success (i.e. insights and intelligence about prospective customers) in a timely fashion
· Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to help inform Demand Generation
· Assist Account Executives with pipeline management and prospect nurturing when appropriate/necessary
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Proven success in an SDR role and experience managing others; passion, resilience, and a good sense of humor required
· Success in establishing and cultivating professional relationships, you are the first point of contact and voice of the company!
· Experience with client facing work, this could include anything from hospitality to customer support
· Familiarity with G Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, etc.)
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Adaptability; things change fast around here!
· High capacity for empathy
· Exceptional listening skills
· High attention to detail
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to communicate across all levels of a business
· Bonus points for experience with SalesForce.com
· You work best in a dynamic environment where change is the only constant. If you thrive in a static organization with inert processes, keep looking!