Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Our mission is to create the most personalized and authentic fan experiences in the world. We're a marketplace where fans can book personalized video shoutouts from their favorite people. We've helped create over 500,000 moments for our customers and built a marketplace for over 20,000 talent to connect with their biggest fans. We’re breaking down the exclusivity myth of celebrity by building personal relationships between fans and talent.
Cameo is one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For and also recognized on TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies list. We are a global company, headquartered in Chicago, IL in the Fulton Market neighborhood and HQ2 in Venice, CA.
We recently closed our Series B round led by Kleiner Perkins who has backed other tech giants including Google, Spotify, and Amazon. Join our team and be able to experience a rocketship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and help shape the direction of the next great tech company.
How you’ll crush it:
- Identify Outbound Opportunities: Each day, you’ll be prospecting and sourcing a high volume of high-potential leads for your Outbound Partnerships Team who will be generating outreach. You’ll be hyper-focused on identifying talent across multiple verticals and niche categories in order to expand Cameo’s talent marketplace. You’ll be diligent about making sure you find appropriate contact info and keeping our CRM up to date.
- Inbound Onboarding and Activation: You’ll be assisting in onboarding inbound talent and creators who apply to join Cameo. You’ll be responsible for vetting and identifying quality talent through our Application page, walking them through onboarding, and ensuring their success on the platform.
- Managing Daily Activity: Day-to-day activity includes uploading all new talent leads into Salesforce, updating contact information, and making sure the sales cycle is accurate. This is a very detailed and process oriented job which is of the utmost importance.
- Collaborative: You will be working closely with your sales reps to understand a sales cycle from start to finish. You’ll be supporting your sales reps by making sure their sales pipeline is diversifying and growing. We want you to voice your ideas and help identify new niches and verticals within the talent industry.
- Making Your Team Successful: You’ll be the backbone of our sales organization by supporting them with a healthy sales pipeline. Your goals will be reflective on a number of KPIs, including but not limited to how many leads are qualified by the sales org.
- Most importantly, everyday you’ll bring in an obsession and passion about celebrity & talent. You have an eye for talent and passion about one or multiple verticals verticals within the entertainment industry.
What we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- 1+ years of work experience (and/or internship experience) at a sales organization or within the entertainment industry.
- Goal Oriented: You have met and exceeded goals in prior roles, and have a willingness to take on new challenges.
- You have experience and a basic understanding of day-to-day tools such as Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and CRMs.
Bonus points if you are someone who:
- Stays on top of social trends across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat -- you know who's hot and who’s not!
- Has experience with CRMs (Salesforce), Excel, Google Docs, and Gmail.
- Has been a top performer in a prior Sales role (SDR, internship, coordinator, etc.)
- Gets excited about the entertainment industry (maybe you host a weekly Bachelorette viewing party or know the latest TikTok viral trends).
- Can pivot quickly and wear many hats at once. Be a team player!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.