Sales Development Representative at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including the Chicago Bulls, Sony Electronics, Indiana University, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Subaru.These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Sprout Social is looking for highly driven, outgoing and tech savvy sales representatives with strong business acumen to join our growing Sales Development team. As a Sales Development Representative, you will generate new business by qualifying and nurturing inbound leads as well as participating in outbound campaigns.
Joining the Sales Development team is an opportunity to fast track your career in sales. You should have an ability to consistently learn and apply coaching related to complex subjects such as mapping the value of our product to customer pain points and inbound selling best practices. Contributing at a high level in the Sales Development role will open opportunities to move through our growing global sales organization.
We’re looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated, and driven individual with a desire to grow and advance a career in sales. If you have a proactive customer first mentality with the passion to demonstrate Sprout’s commitment to being a joy to do business with, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- Relevant work/internship experience in sales - client facing, consulting or marketing
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Sales Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Sales Development team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
- Begin receiving inbound leads and start your three month ramp to full quota (primary metric is sourced opportunities).
Within 3 months, you will…
- Create a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects.
- Thoroughly qualify inbound leads and collaborate with Account Executives for a smooth prospect experience.
- Prioritize leads and position relevant product features to solve business needs.
- Run initial discovery calls to identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored product recommendations.
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline.
- Meet activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis.
- Consistently contact new leads with a sense of urgency and master clearing out your queue.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Consistently achieve your opportunity and revenue targets.
- Become an expert in all things social media, including advanced listening and employee advocacy.
- Have mastered the uses cases of successful customers across different verticals and sophistication on social media.
- Consistently reflect on your own skill and development gaps along with your Manager to identify personal and professional coaching areas.
- Step up as a leader in the Sales Development organization by mentoring new hires.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have mastered the necessary skills needed to work a consistent inbound funnel, including time management, sense of urgency, and prioritization.
- Be a leader on the floor by sharing best practices and ways that you have been successful as an SDR.
- Ready yourself for the Business Development role, where you will source net new opportunities via outbound prospecting.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.