Sales Development Representative
Who You Are
You will thrive here as a key member of the Sales Team, if you are able to identify prospective customers, manage inbound leads and nurture those relationships, ultimately leading to closed deals. You will be a primary point of contact for product demos, contract negotiations, and ensuring customers are properly transferred to the Customer Experience Team upon signing on with Ascent. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be accountable for developing a plan that will lead to hitting your goals, with the full support of the Sales & Marketing Team. In this role, you will work directly with Ascent's CEO and President/Founder as an integral part of the sales cycle.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn Ascent’s platform and how it is implemented and intended to be used by customers
- Prospect and call B2B customers
- Respond to inbound customer leads, identifying opportunities and appropriately matching product solutions to customer needs
- Provide product demos of a technical product, facilitate contract negotiations and close customers
- Partner with the Account Executive Team on prospecting strategies and set qualified meetings for the AE Team
- Take care of expansion requests of your customer base by working closely with Ascent’s Customer Success Team
- Embody Ascent’s company values of Integrity, Cooperation, Persistence, Customer Obsession and Innovation and possess the ability to articulate and display those values effectively to customers
Required Skills & Abilities
- Self-driven, capable of thriving in fast-paced, high-growth, uncertain situations
- Phenomenal listener and capable of developing a genuine rapport with clients while being persistent and answering questions with ease
- Customer obsessed
- Resilient and able to quickly recover when faced with rejection
- Proven ability to develop and nurture a pipeline
- Demonstrated success in closing transactional, short cycle deals with the ability to identify potential longer cycle deals
- Consistent track record of hitting or exceeding goals
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- 1 year or more of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment
- Experience leveraging sales tools (e.g. HubSpot and Linked In)
- Experience selling to the Financial Services industry a plus
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Ascent is a Reg-tech startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.