Sales Development Representative
About the Company
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to help us identify and create new qualified sales opportunities through the design and implementation of targeted email and call campaigns. The SDR will work with sales reps to start the selling process, including the creation of the outbound campaigns, qualifying active buying interest, coordinating next steps, and responding, tracking and measuring responses. The template for success in this role is understanding Civis’s product/offering suite and being able to design and execute campaigns that bring the Civis’ brand to the market. All of this while using account and industry-based lead generation tools and processes.
- Work with Business Development Managers (outside sales) and Civis Solution Owners to build targeted outbound prospecting campaigns
- Qualify responses and inbound inquiries, coordinate with sales to initiate exploratory calls and meetings
- Conduct introductory calls with prospects
- Measure and adjust campaigns based on response rates in order to maximize Civis touch points
- Evaluate progress across Solutions, Industries, and Titles
- Understand the customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- BA/BS degree
- Desire and willingness to spend a significant portion of the day cold-calling or emailing with energy and positive attitude; ability to power through the “NOs”
- 1-3 years experience in customer service, sales, account management, or related field
- Positive and energetic phone and email skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Sales training and cold-calling experience a plus
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-functional navigation and team-based execution