Sales Development Representative
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.
We are currently seeking a skilled, experienced and high-energy Sales Development Representative (or SDR) to join our sales team.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for growing the pipeline through dedicated outbound prospecting and inbound lead qualification. This role will act as a link between marketing and sales, handling all first contact with new prospects and establishing relationships by using marketing activities – events, campaigns, email, etc.
Success will be measured by your ability to identify key contacts, navigate social structures, establish relationships and schedule qualified meetings that result in new opportunities. The SDR will collaborate closely with marketing to craft demand generation strategies and tactics, qualify marketing leads through opportunity discovery, and track all prospecting activities before handing-off to account executives.
- Learn, use, and help evolve a demand generation process (research contacts, list building, sending emails, cold calling, and making discovery calls)
- Generate meetings by means of dedicated outbound prospecting and lead activity management in an effort to qualify and market our solutions to potential customers
- Develop a strong pipeline via phone and email communications
- Qualify opportunities and schedule meetings from marketing activities - including events, webinars, trade shows, campaigns - for handoff to Account Executives
- For all events, handle pre-show appointment setting and post-show follow-up calls, handle lead qualification and appointment activity, successfully communicate NS messaging and solution set
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate Account Executives, educating the AE about the appropriate prospect account details and background
- Identify and create new qualified sales-ready leads in target accounts for Account Executives
- Research accounts to map out organizational structure and identify key decision makers
- Consistent use of sales approach and techniques based on Value Selling principles
- Utilize solution selling tactics, ask strong discovery questions, highlight pains for customers that they were not aware even existed
- Maintain detailed reporting in Salesforce in addition to evaluating ways to more efficiently utilize Salesforce.com
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of information in database - log, track and maintain prospect contact activity and contact and account records
- Develop queries and generate necessary reports for management
- 3+ years of experience selling software-as-a-service (SaaS, Cloud) B2B applications
- Experience calling into large enterprise organizations
- Passion for technology and possess a high level of integrity
- Strong communication, analytic, and listening skills, with a positive and energetic phone presence
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and handle time effectively
- Self-starter & hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Ability to find opportunity qualifications and effectively handle objections to a positive resolution
- Great teammate with ability to work in a high-energy start-up environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team to reach goals
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound/outbound tele-prospecting methods and tools
- Excellent communication and influence skills and the ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree