Sales Development Representative
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm, and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
Sprout Social is looking for a highly motivated, outgoing and tech savvy sales representatives with strong business acumen to join our growing Sales Development team. As a Sales Development Representative, you will generate new business for the Account Executive team by engaging with and qualifying inbound leads.
Joining the Sales Development team is an opportunity to fast track your career in sales. Contributing at a high level in the Sales Development role will open opportunities to move through our growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, related field OR equivalent experience
- Proven success in a relevant sales role - client facing, consulting or marketing
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in time management, setting priorities, and taking initiative
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Understand and apply effective business development strategies and techniques
- A passion for building new business
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
- Willingness to work in a collaborative work environment
- SaaS experience is a plus, but not required
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Sales Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Sales Development team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
- Begin receiving inbound leads and start your three month ramp to full quota (primary metric is sourced opportunities).
Within 3 months, you will…
- Create a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects.
- Thoroughly qualify inbound leads and collaborate with Account Executives for a smooth prospect experience.
- Prioritize leads and position relevant product features to solve business needs.
- Run initial discovery calls to identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored product recommendations.
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline.
- Meet activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis.
- Consistently contact new leads with a sense of urgency and master clearing out your queue.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Consistently achieve your opportunity and revenue targets.
- Become an expert in all things social media, including advanced listening and employee advocacy.
- Have mastered the uses cases of successful customers across different verticals and sophistication on social media.
- Consistently reflect on your own skill and development gaps along with your Manager to identify personal and professional coaching areas.
- Step up as a leader in the Sales Development organization by mentoring new hires.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have mastered the necessary skills needed to work a consistent inbound funnel, including time management, sense of urgency, and prioritization.
- Be a leader on the floor by sharing best practices and ways that you have been successful as an SDR.
- Ready yourself for the Business Development role, where you will source net new opportunities via outbound prospecting.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members