Sales Development Representative
Why our work matters
The healthcare industry is notoriously difficult to navigate. One third of the over $3 trillion spent on healthcare annually results from this complexity, and more than half of Americans don’t get care because of the price tag. Our mission is to simplify the healthcare experience in a way that provides access to better care at a lower cost.
Since 2014, HealthJoy has been committed to revolutionizing the way people access healthcare. Through an easy to use app that brings together healthcare information and on-demand help, we enable people to be more informed and confident when making decisions about their healthcare. It’s no small feat, but our work makes a significant difference in people’s lives.
Our team has compassion and energy for the problems we are solving. We hold ourselves accountable and deliver on ambitious, meaningful goals. Putting egos aside, we commit to doing what it takes to bring positive changes to our users. Everyone plays a role.
Together we are building the future of healthcare. Join us!
Your role in our mission
HealthJoy is looking to grow its team of Sales Development Representatives (SDR) who will be responsible for building our sales pipeline with excited prospective HealthJoy customers.
The team’s goal is to have meaningful conversations with prospective buyers, communicating our unique value prop to fit their needs.
SDR’s are responsible for making 50+ cold calls per day and setting up qualified meetings. The role involves a lot of time on the phone, scouting LinkedIn (and other resources) for contacts, research, and a strong focus on turning a cold call experience into something informative and delightful. You will work closely with sales executives who will be tasked with closing the deal once a meeting is set by an SDR.
How you’ll contribute
- Source new sales opportunities using lead generation techniques
- Make outbound calls and call on marketing-generated inbound leads
- Contact leads to set up appointments for sales executives
- Create, organize and track leads using SalesForce.com
- Conduct account-based research to personalize outreach
- Communicate with senior executives and key decision-makers
- Meet monthly and quarterly qualified leads and revenue objectives
- Demonstrate clear understanding of HealthJoy’s sales processes
- Exhibit best practices on prospecting, qualification and attended meeting generation
- Provide weekly accurate forecasts to the sales organization and executive management
- 1-3 years of sales related work experience
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of energy, motivation, drive, persistence, initiative, commitment and professionalism
- Excellent time management and prioritizing abilities
- Discipline to maintain high call volumes (50+ outbound calls per day)
- Prior consistent quota achievement/top performance in sales/business development
- Competitive and focused on achieving goals
- Bachelor's degree from college or university preferred
- Medical benefits with generous employer contribution to monthly medical premiums
- HSA with annual company contribution
- Access to the HealthJoy app
- Stock options
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
- Quarterly volunteer events
- Monthly wellness initiatives
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours
- Weekly Instacart orders and catered lunches every Friday
- A unique opportunity to join a scaling business in healthtech!
HealthJoy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.