Sales Development Representative at Sphera
Sphera is a leading global provider of enterprise software and services that enables companies to manage and optimize their environmental, health, safety and sustainability. Our mission is to create a safer, more sustainable and productive world.
We are a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm focused on investments in targeted segments of the software, industrial technology, financial services and healthcare industries. We operate like a start-up tech company but have over $100 million in annual revenue, with more than 3,000 customers, and operate in 70+ countries.
We are guided by our core values of Customer Centricity, Accountability, Bias to Action, Innovation, and Collaboration. These values help us recruit the right talent to join our rapidly expanding team of nearly 700 Spherions around the globe. It is important to us that each and every Spherion is not only eager to challenge themselves and knows how to get work done but is an awesome addition to our company culture.
The sales role - based in our Chicago office - is an entry-level inside sales position that quickly grows within this and other sales teams at Sphera. All reps will be ramped up with a progression of classroom and live practice to begin their sales journey. Once they establish a level of productivity and command of the role, our teams transition to focus on specific categories and more lucrative accounts.
- Proactively seek out new business opportunities through cold calling to engage, consult, and close local deals Aggressive appointment setting activities driven through both outbound business development activities as well as following up on inquiries coming from our awesome marketing programs.
- Outbound calling and quick response to inquiries in order to set appointments for the sales team.
- Leverage proven consultative sales methodologies to analyze the prospect’s businesses to address their changing automation needs
- Develop and manage a follow up cadence to systematically nurture potential leads that aren’t quite ready to buy.
- Participate in interactive training & educational sessions in order to stay abreast of changes in Sphera solutions, sales, and the industry.
- Consistently achieve and/or exceed sales targets.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial Inside Sales environment.
- Experience selling over the phone and cold calling various types of business across all industries.
- A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous at how great of a person you are.
- You are adaptable and can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, or marketing; or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ year of sales experience, with a successful track record in solution-based selling environment highly preferred
- Software and/or software as a service (SaaS) product sales highly preferred
- Business to Business (B2B) sales experience highly preferred
- Self-motivated, high energy individual that can thrive in a competitive but fun team environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with SalesForce.com or other CRM tool(s) highly preferred
Sphera is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.