Spark Hire is an award-winning video interviewing platform (Software-as-a-Service) used by more than 6,000 customers in 100+ countries. Our industry-leading platform is recognized as the gold standard by esteemed software review site G2 Crowd. We’ve also been recognized as one of the best startups to work for (nationally) and a best small business to work for in the Chicago area.If so, we believe you'll find our Sales Development Representative opening to be an awesome opportunity.
We are looking for talented, passionate, and motivated individuals to join our team as Sales Development Representatives (SDRs). As a Sales Development Representative, you'll play a key role in our sales efforts through the development of qualified leads that result in product demos and sales for the company.
What You’ll Do
As a Sales Development Rep at Spark Hire, your main objective is to get prospective customers excited about what we’re doing and schedule product demonstrations for them with our Account Executives. You’ll be an integral part of helping the company build a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities to grow its revenue.
- Engage prospective customers by phone and email, video and other mediums
- Qualify inbound leads and advance them to the next step in our company’s sales cycle
- Prospect into leads that look like our most successful customers
- Partner closely with Account Executives to ensure strong communication and proper handoffs
- Make a great first impression with our prospects by demonstrating strong knowledge in key areas such as product, competitors, industry, and more (you’ll be thoroughly trained on this!)
- Hit your monthly targets for qualified demos booked and completed
- Be a product knowledge expert and successfully overcome prospective customer objections
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and optimize our sales processes
- Accurately enter and maintain clean data in our CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Learn our technology stack (Salesforce, Outreach, Vidyard, Google, and more) to become efficient and effective in your role
What You Need to Get the Job Done
Before you get started, you’ll undergo a significant amount of training. We also provide continuous training (on the job, through our partnership with Sales Assembly and in regularly scheduled team meetings.) We’re focused on ensuring you grow your skills through professional development.
As a baseline, here’s what we’re looking for:
- College Degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and outgoing
- Self-starter, results-oriented
- Great teammate
- Quick learner
- Respectful, trustworthy, and accountable
- High energy level
- Passion for the product/company
- Critical thinking skills
- Eagerness to grow/learn
- 0-2 years previous sales experience (preferably in a SaaS or Pre-Sales environment)
Room for Advancement
SDRs will be evaluated on several key performance indicators. Successful SDRs will be strongly considered for promotions into roles such as Account Executive or Customer Success Representative. When we hire SDRs, our intention is to promote them within the company.
What You’ll Love About Spark Hire
- Great Culture – We have in and out of the office activities going on all the time. From celebrating birthdays, happy hours, Cubs games, holiday parties, picnics, friendly competitions, and more!
- Health Benefits – Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment and paid holidays. Plus, you get your birthday off as PTO!
- Work/Life Balance – We pride ourselves on having a great work/life balance.
- Gym Subsidy - We contribute a significant amount towards a gym membership at the nearby Lifetime Fitness.
- 401(k) - Start saving for your future retirement!
- Professional Development - Member of Sales Assembly, where you will have the opportunity to access training and development opportunities, and connect with other sales professionals in the B2B sales sector in Chicago.
If you're looking for an exciting place to work and a chance to develop your skills as a sales professional, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.