Sales Director (Individual Contributor) at SMS Assist
SMS Assist Summary
At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Sales Director is an individual contributor role that opens up new business and expands existing relationships for SMS Assist accounts in one of the company’s key market segments (restaurants, retail, telecommunications, public sector, multi-site general). This individual will interface heavily with both clients and the Sales Team to grow the business. The individual has targeted quotas established annually. (Avg. $10M - $15M)
- Meet or exceed annual sales quota.
- Excel at the introduction and positioning of the SMS value proposition at various levels of prospect organizations.
- Compel the C-Suite, procurement, or business owners to prioritize a fully outsourced solution or “a la carte” solution that generates revenue from base business organic growth, as well as from referrals.
- Create prospecting activity that exceed monthly quota for activity and appointments.
- Develop and maintain a 4X rolling annual pipeline.
- Provide forecasting predictability and accuracy.
- Contribute to the development and effectiveness of inside sales resources.
- Maintain and foster existing customer relationships via face-to-face appointments, phone conversations, and emails.
- Potentially maintain ongoing communication with customers to understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Demonstrate solution and value proposition and deal with customer issues, questions, and uncertainties.
- Potentially identify and deliver on any opportunities to increase SMS Assist’s suite of offerings to existing customers.
- Potentially maintain relationships with the current install base and looks to expand services in each account
- Maintain up-to-date, detailed customer knowledge and industry data; serves as an active member of groups and associations related to the industry and relevant customers.
- Update all sales activity, initiatives by category, customer and status in salesforce.com
- Use appropriate selling strategies and techniques to engage clients at all stages of the pipeline, and identifies and addresses any weaknesses in the strategy
- Operate within Financial, Legal, and Ethical Policies; responsible for driving the growth of revenue and profit originating from the Sales department; manages the Sales Profit and Loss statement
- Participate and influence multiple projects at a given time, ensuring adherence to process, monitor progress, mentor project leads, and direct implementations to successful conclusion
- Domestic travel required up to 50%.
- Foster a positive team environment.
- Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service - Expert
- Verbal Communication- Expert
- Written Communication- Advanced
- Teamwork- Expert
- Relationships - Expert
- Negotiation - Advanced
- Organizational Awareness- Advanced
- Analysis - Proficient
- Problem-Solving - Expert
- Process Orientation- Advanced
- Prioritization - Expert
Role Specific Skills
- Computer Skills: Intermediate proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Salesforce, Sales Navigator, HubSpot, Zoom Info preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of sales experience and a minimum of 3 years of complex sales to executives in large organizations, ideally in technology or services required
- Advanced knowledge of sales process, methodology and data required
- Exposure to Integrated Facility Management, and/or Proptech industry, strongly preferred
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Business or relevant degree preferred