Sales Director at Braze (Chicago, IL)
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Director of Sales, SMB role, based in Chicago, will have responsibility for recruiting and leading a high-performance team of Account Executives to exceed a new business ACV quota in Braze’s rapidly growing SMB segment (1-99 employees). The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience in closing roles selling SaaS products to SMB and mid-market clients in a high-velocity environment, including 2+ years of experience recruiting and leading a team of high-performing, outbound-prospecting SMB or midmarket sales executives.
The candidate will have a broad network, mature sales acumen, and experience hiring and developing world-class SaaS sales teams as a result of a high-performing career in quota-carrying roles.
You will be responsible for closing high-volume, high-velocity transactions in addition to a steady mix of larger, more complex transactions. The ideal candidate will have experience in marketing automation, CRM, email or related marketing technologies, be a thought-leader for innovation and disruptive technologies, have a “customer-first” mentality and represent Braze within the local ecosystem of employees, customers, partners and other stakeholders. Summary of responsibilities:
- Hire, nurture, and performance-manage a team of world-class sales talent
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy for the region
- Align go-to-market teams (sales, marketing, value engineering, solutions consulting, executives) to execute a full-year sales plan and represent a clear, single vision to the marketplace
- Manage overall sales process and provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
- Be a proactive representative within the senior leadership team
WHO YOU ARE
This is a SaaS sales management role at a top-tier, venture-backed company that is a category leader in customer engagement. Strong candidates will have experience working with SMB clients, along with a proven ability and desire to coach and lead teams of high-performing sales executives who are experienced in outbound prospecting and closing SaaS software deals. Any experience selling a marketing automation, CRM, email, or marketing analytics solution is strongly preferred (although not a requirement).
- 8+ years of experience in SaaS / enterprise software sales required
- 2+ years of experience managing a regional team of outbound-prospecting SMB sales executives.
- Skilled at working cross-functionally with Marketing, Customer Success, and Sales Operations.
- Outstanding verbal, written and stand-up presentation skills
- Up-to-date on digital transformation and enterprise software trends, especially in the B2C mobile marketing space
- Proven success navigating large organizations and ability to quickly identify the decision makers and decision-making process for large SaaS investments
- Prior experience in a startup technology company a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.