Built In is a network of online communities that has quickly become the #1 recruitment solution for tech companies and startups in seven (7) major markets. We are a company of entrepreneurs building the largest network of communities for entrepreneurs.
By working at Built In you'll have the chance to work directly with the latest, and fastest-growing, technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points-talent and awareness with our Employer Branding & Recruitment solutions. We currently operate seven communities: Chicago, Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, NYC, Boston, Seattle and are headquartered in Chicago.
Built In is now in seven (7) markets with very aggressive growth plans. As a Sales Director you will be leading our a team of 10-12 Account Executives who are responsible for securing new accounts. We have an outstanding sales leadership opportunity for an experienced, goal driven sales director with a solid track record of “sales department improvement” and/or sales team building : hiring the right people in the right seats - following the right processes and procedures!
- Lead a team of 12+ new business acquisition sales representatives
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis.
- Recruit, train and develop a results oriented sales team with a focus on new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Develop intelligent GTM strategies to increase mindshare and market disruption.
- Continually refine and improve sales process.
- Conduct regular reviews to evaluate team strategy, progress and provide feedback.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to improve metrics.
- Drive results by engaging motivating and providing constructive feedback to team members.
- Ensure that sales quotas/goals are achieved on assigned accounts and regional goals.
- Develop and implement strategies that support overall Sales/Company priorities and key initiatives.
- Assist direct reports with career development planning.
- Build strong ties with various internal teams such as Enterprise Sales, Product management, Customer Service, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure appropriate coordination of activities and timely communication of programs, products and solutions
- Develop training plans for continuous development of team’s sales skills and product knowledge.
- Embody company culture and contribute to fostering an environment that excites and inspires the sales team!
- 3-5 years of Sales leadership experience where you have led 10+ sales representatives
- Staffing and/or Recruiting Sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated sales development and training skills.
- Solid oral and written presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and other sales automation software.
What We Value
- A+ player - We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Sales Director with a strong track record of high performance. The ideal candidate has a history of being entrepreneurial, loves the thrill of the hunt, and is capable of building a pipeline of new business.
- Flexible personality – You should thrive on change while remaining organized, optimistic, and coachable. High energy and contagious enthusiasm helps too.
- Communication - You should have the ability to speak and write clearly & concisely. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must. Your ability to present complex messages to multiple levels of an organization and probe for needs, is paramount. You should also be able to accurately read people to develop & execute an appropriate business strategy.
- Interest in the tech industry – You must be passionate about three things: (1) Startups (2) Building innovative tech products and services, and (3) Helping others. This is what we do!
- Strong Work Ethic – The job sometimes involves working beyond the normal workday , and responding to prospects/customers outside of normal work hours. If you are passionate about Built in and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work. Don’t worry, we have an excellent PTO Policy!
- Culture fit – You will need to get along with our team (which should be easy) as well as, members our our tech community. Humility, selflessness and compassion are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality and overall fit over a degree.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), stock options, and benefits - We pay a really nice chunk of the cost on premiums for medical, dental, vision, and disability.
- Casual dress - Come in your sweatshirt, jeans or college jersey. We don't care.
- Free food - We keep our kitchen stocked with free healthy snack foods. We also have unlimited LaCroix, cold brew coffee on tap, and catered lunch (Monday - Thursday).
- Fun work environment - We operate as a flat organization where everyone is responsible to self-manage and take ownership of their work. We are humble, hard working, honest, and love to have fun.
- Open vacation & sick time. We let you take time away from work for vacation, personal & short-term sickness, as your good judgment and workload allows.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.