Who We Are:
Named a Best Workplace by both Crain’s and Inc. Magazine, Smokeball was founded by technology leaders with more than 20 years of experience in delivering impactful legal technology products. Our leadership continually strives to develop a company, culture, and team that share a profound love for the law and are compelled to help small law firms find success. Our mission isn’t simple, but it is straightforward: help small law firms be successful businesses so that they can better serve our communities.
What We Need:
We are looking for high-energy team player who wants an instrumental role in accelerating Smokeball’s growth and building our sales training and enablement function. They will provide the training, content, processes, and practices needed to support sales reps throughout the prospect’s journey. Our ideal candidate loves getting stuff done, building relationships with internal stakeholders, and delivering sales training and playbooks that are both practical and inspirational.
- Provide effective onboarding and training programs for new and existing sales reps that will increase close rates, decrease ramp times, and increase pipeline movement.
- Create solution messaging and scripts to help both sales reps and prospects understand our “why.”
- Use performance data to identify knowledge or skill gaps across the sales team.
- Work with sales leadership to develop, execute, and optimize training and enablement programs.
- Build a trusted relationship with sales leaders, sales reps, and marketing.
- Serve as a liaison between sales, marketing, and product teams.
Who You Are:
At Smokeball, we believe that creating and fostering a great culture is just as important as providing a great product. We don’t have Core Values for show, we live and breathe them every day.
- Caring is not optional
- Make it happen
- Deliver legendary service
- Innovate for the client, not the press release
- Be frank
- Keep listening, keep learning
These values inform every strategic decision we make and guide our behavior with every person we meet. When we’re bringing new team members into the SB Family, we look for compassion, drive, keen judgement, varied perspectives, and no egos.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years’ experience in sales enablement and/or sales training with a high-performance SaaS organization.
- A deep understanding of the sales environment and sales process, including sales content.
- Knowledge of sales training best practices, including analysis, instructional design, delivery, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong experience with Salesforce.
- Experience building effective sales playbooks.
- Knowledge of various sales methodologies.
- Proven ability to build internal relationships with both sales and marketing teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High adaptability and flexibility, including the ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity, and change.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated; highly driven to produce results.
- Culture: Crain’s 2021, 2020, & 2019 Best Workplaces, Inc. Magazine’s 2018 Best Workplaces
- Work-Life Balance: 20 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time
- Benefits: Flexible working arrangements, 401(k) match, gym reimbursement, generous parental leave
- Massages: Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist (in non-COVID times)
- Kitchens: Stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages
- Happy Hours: In the office, at fun bars in the area, and virtually.
- Games: Ping-pong, billiards, pinball, board games, video games, etc.
- Transit: We’re located in the heart of downtown Chicago, in walking distance from all major modes of transportation.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at Smokeball:
At Smokeball, we believe that “caring is not optional.” We respect everyone, no matter who they are, what they look like, who they love, where they come from, how they identify, what they believe in, what abilities they have, or what they are trying to overcome. Smokeball is committed to utilizing community partnerships, education, events, and hiring to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for everyone we interact with.
*Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an open, welcoming environment for everyone.