Sales Engineer at CSC Corptax
The safety and security of CSC Corptax’s current and prospective employees, customers, and the communities we serve are our top priorities.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, we have transitioned to virtual interviews for the foreseeable future. We look forward to all video and phone interview conversations with our prospective candidates.
We are always in search of top talent to join the CSC Corptax family. If you are looking for a career change, don’t hesitate to apply or reach out to us. We’ll have virtual interactions until we are able to move forward again with in-person interactions.
The Corptax Sales Engineer is responsible for driving software license, maintenance & support, and professional services revenue working as part of our Enterprise Solutions Software account team. The Sales Engineer partners with Sales and Account Managers to position Corptax solutions to customer business problems demonstrating the value proposition and expected return on investment to both existing customers and new sales prospects.
The Sales Engineer performs the following set of tasks at a level commensurate with his or her experience within the company and the tax technology industry:
- Account Planning. Works with assigned regional sales managers and services to develop account penetration and account development strategies for the purpose of maximizing customer value from the introduction and implementation of Corptax solutions working to solve customer business problems.
- Account Qualification. Works with assigned sales and account managers to identify and qualify individual sales opportunities positioning Corptax solutions to address key customer problems.
- Collaboration with Marketing/Product Management. Works closely with Marketing and Product Marketing helping to develop a standardized demo, demo script and product presentation scripts. Additionally, the SE will work with Marketing and PM to help develop recorded/canned demos for assigned products.
- Product Positioning. Works with the assigned sales and account teams to identify, prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to demonstrate the Corptax value proposition. Develops and delivers the product positioning message using a variety of tools and techniques to include:
- Product Demonstrations
- Powerpoint Presentations
- Whiteboard Presentations
- Responses to RFI/RFQ Inquiries
- Proof of Concept Projects (Trials)
- Product Technology Transfer. Works with Corptax customers, prospects, consulting partners, and other 3rd parties to educate them on the overall architecture and operation of the Corptax Product Platform. Answers Corptax component technical questions. Prepares and delivers presentations and responds to specific customer/prospect technical questions as required in both pre and post sales situations. Will work closely with our level 1 and 2 support function in dealing with technical issues.
- Technical Objection Handling. Identifies key customer solution technical objections. Develops a strategy to resolve each technical objection and executes the strategy to remove technical impediments to closing sales transactions.
- Competitive Threat Handling. Identifies potential competitors and develops a strategy to position the Corptax solution over these same competitors for the purpose of closing a sales transaction while maintaining customer satisfaction and maximizing customer return on investment.
- Maintaining Customer Satisfaction. Works with the sales account team, customer support, product management, and professional services to identify and resolve product problems and deficiencies affecting pre and post sales customer satisfaction. Serves as primary customer/prospect advocate to customer support, product management and on product problems encountered by Corptax customers and prospects during the implementation.
Technical Skills and Abilities
Each Sales Engineer is required to be proficient in most of the tax and technology areas listed below. The Sales Engineer will utilize these skills in developing Corptax solutions based upon requirements from our valued customer and partner community:
The Sales Engineer must also be familiar with the operating/hardware requirements for both the SaaS offering as well as the on-premise solution.
- Expertise in the product mix detailed above
- 7 to 10 years of general accounting/tax experience. This can be through delivery of tax/accounting services or as part of a software vendor involved in same.
- Experience working in a sales environment with a Tax/Accounting Software vendor is desirable
- Excellent relationship management and teaming skills necessary to be leveraged inside and outside the company
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Highly motivated and self directed
- Must be able to present to wide range or professionals.
- Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting, computer science or related field, CPA designation would be great.
- Candidate must currently be in territory or be willing to relocate
- Ability to travel (targeted at 10 to 20% of the time)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive compensation and benefits programs, including 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, and vision plans, and vacation are just a few of the many ways we take care of our employees.
- Continuous on-the-job training, mentoring, and the opportunity to learn from experienced and talented professionals. Career ownership with opportunities to drive your career forward and advance.
- Opportunity to work with top customers directly and have an immediate and direct impact on their work and success.
- A casual work environment with flexible schedules and work-from-home options (now and post-COVID-19).
- Our diversity is our strength. Our employees create an environment where everyone is valued and respected. Diverse teams give us a competitive advantage and drive innovation. We’re empowered to do what is right for each other and our customers. Though we have many diverse employees, we’re one company that encourages everyone to bring their best selves to work every day. We’re better together. Some people call this diversity and inclusion—we call it being genuine. CSC Corptax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CSC Corptax is a market leader in leading-edge commercial tax software and process solutions. We’re transforming tax through technology, business process expertise, and award-winning support. Our clients achieve breakthrough performance using the first and only single system on the market for end-to-end tax. Our unmatched automation aligns processes, enhances speed and transparency, improves analytics, and lowers risk across the tax life cycle. CSC Corptax provides solutions to a multitude of Fortune 1000 firms, including more than 50% of the Fortune 500® and 60% of the Fortune 100, and has been nationally recognized as a top company to work for in Illinois and Texas.
#corptax #remote #li-dnp
At CSC®, we’re always looking ahead, finding ways to improve and anticipate the future needs of our customers. Curiosity fuels our innovation and productivity drives our results. This proactive mindset has helped us adapt and create solutions that have enabled businesses to run smoother and smarter for more than 120 years.
CSC is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people whose personal values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions to market to meet customer demand. That is why we are the premier provider of global solutions for more than 180,000 businesses.
• CSC is a great place to work with smart and dedicated people. We have been voted a Top Workplace every year since 2006.
• We offer challenging work and career opportunities. Most positions are filled with internal moves and employee referrals.
• Employees are eligible for an annual success sharing bonus or commission plans based on role and individual performance.
• CSC offers excellent benefits, medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending and health savings account. We also offer you 401(k) with employer match and profit sharing, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
• Our global standard for our work environments supports current and future technology initiatives through open design, sit/stand workstations, digital interface points with wireless access throughout the campus. It’s an exciting time for us in terms of growth and expansion.