Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are many security companies out there, but Kenna is unique. We provide our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform.
The primary goal of the Enterprise Sales Engineer is to formulate and lead pre-sales technical/functional support activities to prospective clients and existing customers. Sales Engineers complement regional sales directors with technical expertise, account management skills, sales acumen and a superior customer focus. This is an exciting opportunity to join a function in its infancy. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we offer great benefits and stock options. This is an individual contributor position reporting to a Sales Engineering Manager.
- Provide sales and technical pre-sales support to customers and prospects.
- Deliver presentations and product demonstrations, live or remotely, as required.
- Maintain deep understanding of the technical capabilities/features of the Kenna platform.
- Demonstrate the value of Kenna to at all levels, including operators, business users, managers, and executive personnel.
- Own and manage RFI & RFP responses for assigned accounts.
- Lead product trials and proofs of concept for prospects during the presale process.
- Qualifies highly complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Support local channel partners.
- Provide support to trade shows and exhibitions.
- Support highly complex accounts.
- Gain access to and manage relationships with operators, executive level technical staff and decision makers.
- Verify the operability of highly complex product and service configurations within the customers environment.
- Understand market trends and industry data to provide thought leadership to position value of Kenna solutions.
- Leverage third-parties and/or the Channel to create and position the solution.
- Analyze customer requirements, provide technical expertise to design and implement Kenna’s solution, and perform systems integration to 3rd party scanners, CMDBs, etc.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- BA/BS degree (technical degree preferred)
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Application security experience 3+ years (preferred)
- Public cloud - AWS, Azure, GCP
- Technology Stack - Hypervisor, OS, Container, Libraries, Microservices
- SDLC with embedded security
- Solid foundational knowledge of vulnerability management programs
- Experience with vulnerability scanning technologies (Infrastructure, Application, SAST, DAST, SCA) preferred
- Knowledge of general IT concepts (Operating Systems, Network Design, Information Security, IT Operations)
- Knowledge of compliance standards (e.g., PCI, FISMA, SOX, NERC)Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Exhibits good project planning and time management skills
- Ability to work as a team, yet work independently on complex problems
- Security certifications (CISSP) and scripting experience with python and/or ruby is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description