Sales Engineer at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Sales Engineer you will:
Develop and support Upwork’s solutions and implementation programs for our Enterprise accounts. Design enterprise solutions that enable enterprise accounts to widely adopt our product into the organization.Work multi-functionally with our enterprise sales, product, services, legal and talent teams to define and articulate the Upwork value proposition.Your Responsibilities:
- Identify needs and build solutions to address the enterprise customer’s requirements. This will bring a customer from the sale to launch to widespread adoption.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design methodologies and processes that support customer growth in creative and scalable ways.
- Support the sales team in articulating Upwork's offerings through strategic, consultative and prescriptive client-facing conversations and technical demonstrations
- Provide domain expertise on contingent workforce trends and the staffing industry and incorporate that knowledge into the solutions built.
- 4-6 years experience working with enterprise-level customers in designing new processes and implementing technology for the contingent labor and staffing space OR the digital marketing and agency space
- Creativity to identify new approaches to solving old problems through the Upwork platform. You will communicate the solutions in a way that is simple and credible. You are able to balance the requirements of a complex industry with building to scale a simplicity.
- A customer-centric mindset and passion for designing solutions that meet enterprise needs.
- Prior experience working with sales teams and sales leadership to provide strategic partnership to grow an existing sales portfolio.
- Experience with enterprise software specific to human capital management or procurement: ATS, HRMS, VMS, e-Procurement, or others.
- Motivation and autonomy to drive through programs and achieve results
- Ability to lead and play a critical role in forming our offering and critical thinking and then transforming that strategy into tactical action.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.