Sales Executive at Nielsen Global Connect
Sales Executive (Consultant) - Advanced Analytics - Oxford, United Kingdom (Flexible within the UK)
ABOUT THIS JOB
Sales Executive – Advanced Analytics will work with Client Service teams to be the Sales Expert in front of clients. Key tasks include partnering with prospective clients, building a pipeline, understanding Nielsen capabilities in Advanced Analytics. Ensuring client business needs are covered and working with our delivery teams to ensure we are delivering against requirements.
You will become an expert in Revenue Management, Assortment/ Range optimisation, custom analytics. Along with others, you will be a part of the Intelligent Analytics (IA) team that plays a pivotal role in helping clients answer their key business questions to improve performance, this team works across the Nielsen client base, as well as with new clients, on both an ongoing or on a project-by-project basis to identify opportunities and help clients optimise their performance.
In the role you will focus on 3 main tasks:
- Actively seek out new opportunities, be that with new contacts in existing Nielsen clients or with non-Nielsen FMCG clients.
- Retention of existing Nielsen customers, ensuring they get value for the services they have purchased and wish to repeat and expand their partnerships with Nielsen in this area.
- Working with client service to drive penetration in existing Nielsen clients who do not buy into these services and persuading them to move to Nielsen in this area.
- Maintain and build close relationships with clients, turning relationships from ad-hoc projects into ongoing contracts
- Identify business needs at the client and perform client briefings and upsell to clients with additional opportunities
- Work with our analytics team to ensure delivery is within agreed client timelines and ensure that the client's needs are met throughout the process and in final delivery
- Develop best practices sales decks, Proposing a story, insights and recommendations in line with client business goals
- Accurate forecasting and building of the financial pipeline and hitting commercial targets for your area ensuring accurate cooperation with delivery teams (analytics)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are a person that enjoys solving complex business challenges with our clients. Comfortable thinking on your feet and turning complex analytical solutions into actionable business outcomes. Spanning price & promotion optimisation, assortment/ range optimisation. Critically, you will be helping our clients take the correct decisions on their key commercial levers and get a better return on investment. You enjoy working with a mix of data-led models, software solutions and consultancy to ensure the clients get the result they need.
- Previous experience within the FMCG sector
- At least 3 years of experience in the sales area
- Some knowledge of client issues in the areas of revenue management and/or category management/range and space
- A passion for clients and client needs and a passion for solution selling – understanding needs, talking outcomes not capabilities, developing relationships and ensuring the client gets value from the investment
- Commercial acumen with good Negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and resolve problems in a highly client-focused fashion
- Self-starter who can develop sales leads as well as build through Nielsen partners and the ability to create and manage client relationships well
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of 3 person sales team for the area and as part of 5 people IA sales team – as we all need to spot and generate leads for each other
- Relevant commercial experience and a university degree or equivalent work experience
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com