cohesion is a leading Intelligent Buildings software solution that is disrupting how buildings operate and how people engage with buildings – from real estate owners/investors, operators, building engineers, to tenants and visitors. Our cutting-edge converged IoT-enabled platform brings together building systems, building software, and business applications into a single portal for on web and mobile platforms to forge the path to autonomous buildings.
We are searching for a Sales Leader to join our rapidly growing team in our Chicago office. The position will develop and execute the sales growth strategy of Cohesion with a global focus. This role is responsible for developing sales standards and processes, owning relationships with key customers and accounts, identifying and closing new business opportunities, and delivering revenue. This position works closely with marketing, product, and senior leadership to ensure that the needs of the customer are central to all aspects of the business.
What You’ll Do
Funnel Management | Own, grow, and convert the sales funnel to deliver revenue
- Conduct prospecting activities such as account research, lead responses, & solicitations
- Create compelling sales proposals, negotiate pricing and contract terms, and manage the customer relationship from opportunity recognition through close of sale
- Respond to customer requests for product demonstrations
- Build and maintain CRM (currently Active Campaign) database of customer information & deal funnel
- Lead regular funnel reviews to identify barriers to closure with individual deals and clear the path to advance the sale
Revenue Strategy | Create novel solutions to achieve critical revenue targets
- Consistently achieve and exceed revenue objectives of the company
- Develop strong and profitable relationships with existing accounts
- Leverage data to create a robust acquisition account list and foster constant attention to acquisition account development
- Assist senior leadership in creating revenue projections
- Lead sales planning and strategy efforts, in collaboration with senior management
Product Expertise | Utilize a deep understanding of product capabilities to make compelling sales presentations
- Successfully complete Cohesion’s one-week Sales Training Program upon joining
- Become a product expert, capable of leading exceptional product demonstrations for senior leadership of top accounts
- Develop sales tools (deliverables, digital content, etc.) in concert with the marketing team to sell the product the way that the customer wants to buy
- Make feature recommendations to the product team based on customer feedback
- Remain current on industry trends, development opportunities, and competition
- 5+ years sales experience with minimum 3 years in SaaS sales role
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for client service
- Ability to stay organized, disciplined, and accountable for results
- Persuasive communicator skilled in all forms of communication from written emails, to video calls, to presenting to clients in person.
- Highly motivated self-starter, eager to learn, willing to adapt quickly, and comfortable with the ambiguity and changing nature of a fast-moving technology company
- Assertive and capable of opening doors across clients at all levels with a proven track record of success in sales
- The ability to positively engage other people, build long-term relationships, and form mutually beneficial networks
- Critical thinking skills to process information, analyze disparate data, and sift through the heap for relevant bits of information that will help you formulate solutions for problems your prospects
- Experience selling SaaS Solutions within commercial real estate
- Experience in building controls and building systems
What you can expect from Cohesion
Cohesion is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package to eligible, full-time employees in the United States. Our benefits are designed to invest in our employees— and their family’s —well-being, including investments in their health, happiness, and well-being.
- Receiving a competitive benefits package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k match
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend
- Wellness stipend after 6 months of employment
- Enjoying a responsible unlimited PTO program to help employees maintain work-life balance.
- 2-way flexibility of work schedules
- Dressing for your day
- Working in an open environment with creative optional brainstorming sessions for all employees
- Participating in one all-employee lunch per month and one all-employee breakfast per month
- Enjoying family leave benefits
At Cohesion, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse thought and practice. Individuals seeking employment at Cohesion are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.