Sales Manager, Business Development at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. Many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2020. As a result, more companies are moving toward flexible workforce solutions and many are using online staffing platforms to embrace this shift. Today 30% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done. We are looking for a Sales Manager, Business Development to join our Chicago team! This is a ground floor opportunity for a leader with a startup attitude who can roll up their sleeves, or an individual contributor who wants to move into leadership to build our teams and grow the business.Your responsibilities
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team of Sales Development Representatives (supporting our Large Accounts team) and build a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching, and training.
- Develop plans and strategies for converting inbound activity into revenue or identifying Enterprise opportunities within team’s book of businesses to achieve the company’s sales goals.
- Create a detailed, accurate, and predictable SDR pipeline & forecast.
- Monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide consistent and constructive feedback to your team with the ultimate goal of readying them for future promotions into sales roles.
- You are an individual contributor who has a track record of success and quota achievement in sales or staffing.
- You have the drive, organizational, and interpersonal skills to lead a group of sales reps that make a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are strategic with a creative mindset. You are both competitive and collaborative.
- You have a basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products.
- You have experience with building and optimizing scalable sales processes.
- You have coached and mentored sales people through top of funnel outbound activity.
- You have worked in a “land and expand” sales environment.
- You have at least 1 year of experience leading and developing a team of SDRs.
- You are proficient with CRM & prospecting tools, e.g. SFDC, Salesloft, Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- You have knowledge of the Upwork platform.