Sales Manager, Enterprise
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee size! The number of learners on our cloud-based learning platform has reached 6 million in 2019, up 30 percent versus the prior year.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role: As the Manager for the Enterprise Sales team at BenchPrep you will be responsible for helping coach your team (8-10 salespeople) on all parts of the sales cycle, including discovery, relationship building, solution-based selling, and communicating our value proposition and ROI to prospects and customers. You will take ownership of developing and motivating our sales talent, as well as take a strategic and data-focused approach to help drive business decisions to achieve opportunity targets. Additionally, you'll manage (and improve) the tools, processes and documentation needed to best support the team, and in turn, the success of our sales process.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Take the lead on keeping the new business team on track by both removing barriers and building creative new sales tactics and implementing growth strategies
- Take complete ownership of the growth and development for the Enterprise Sales team
- Conduct day-to-day performance management of Enterprise Sales team including but not limited to delivering performance reviews, conducting any performance-related conversations and follow up conversations
- Ownership of monitoring and driving sales metrics, including reporting this information regularly to leadership and key stakeholders, forecasting revenue, and managing the sales team around meeting revenue targets
- Jump in to the sales process when necessary to support your team
About the team:
Here at BenchPrep, the sales team drives the growth of our business. We are strong, dynamic, and wear many hats. True to startup culture, we aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to get the job done. We are inspired by a shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
- Have 3+ years of experience leading sales teams with long sales cycles, preferably with a software/SaaS product
- Experience working in a startup environment a plus
- Have a proven track record of success coaching and developing a sales team
- Have a proven track record of strategically building, leading and driving successful sales plans and meeting or exceeding targets
- Have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities, with the ability to foster team members’ professional development and cultivate future leaders
- Above all else, possess the ability to create long lasting customer relationships by solving customer problems
- Be able to travel 25% of the time
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.