Sales Manager at Paro
Paro is hiring a Sales Manager to lead one of our inbound AE teams. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each others’ backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Extensive B2B sales experience, ideally with exposure to consultative and solution-based selling Methodologies
- Established track record of exceeding quota targets, with teams performing above peer teams at recent/current employer
- Thrive leading and coaching in a highly consultative/strategic sales environment. Paro’s sales process is not transactional!
- Will be ambitious, able to build trust, motivated, think outside the box
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess exceptional listening, organization, presentation, and business strategy skills
Areas of Focus
- Become a subject matter expert in Paro’s disruptive business model, combining prior experience with our suite of solutions to solve market pain points
- Hone inbound conversion and monetization strategies in concert with your account executives
- Optimize rep-specific sales funnels through analytical rigor - yes, we’re Salesforce geeks - as well as qualitative observations
- Find efficiencies and opportunities to drive ROI through process adjustments
- Collaborate with Marketing leadership to continually improve lead quality and economics
- Manufacture momentum and organic enthusiasm that is contagious across your direct reports (and spills over to Sales team as a whole)
- Recruit, interview, and build out your team with new hires with extensive support from internal People/Recruiting function as well as Sales leadership
- Manage account executives through their Paro careers, helping them achieve their goals and develop as sales professionals
- Exceed Bookings and quota targets through a primarily inbound channel mix (referrals and light outbound prospecting to maximize rep bandwidth are also in scope)
- Organize and lead recurring team meetings, and participate in broader cross-Sales meetings / events
- Own your teams’ pipeline forecast and execution on new business forecasts
- Roll up your sleeves through hands-on coaching, call shadowing, and role playing
- Lead all manner of performance conversations, including celebrating wins, holding team members accountable and giving difficult feedback to those who are not meeting expectations
- Remove roadblocks from your team through tactics ranging from technical automation to closing knowledge gaps, and improving cross-functional processes
- Lead under-performing reps through defined Performance Improvement Plans, shepherding them either back into good standing or managing them off your team
- Shape evolution of Paro’s new customer acquisition strategy as member of Sales Leadership team
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive base salary + team-based commissions + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays-in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow