Sales Operations and Enablement Manager
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
The Sales Operations & Enablement Manager is responsible for managing all sales process tracking and support for the Civis sales and marketing teams including the overall ownership and management of the CRM (Salesforce.com) and additional tech stack tools. The majority of your focus will be on building tools to increase the sales team’s effectiveness through process innovation, forecasting, reporting, and material development. The Sales Operations & Enablement Manager will be responsible for ongoing implementation and support of multiple Salesforce projects, including data integration, data integrity, and solution configuration on the Salesforce platform and coordinating with the Finance team. You will need to collaborate with key business users, marketing and sales teams, and Executive leadership to implement solutions that exceed the expectations of internal stakeholders.
- Analyze marketing and sales campaign performance and deliver actionable insights
- Establish clear expectations and processes for Salesforce account, contact, and opportunity tracking and own reporting and analysis for bookings, revenue, pipeline management and forecasting
- Present analysis to sales leaders and executive management with suggestions for next steps
- Maintain, segment, and analyze CRM and marketing automation data
- Perform regular data audits and develop and maintain database health reporting
- Oversee team that manages lead transfers, imports, approvals, and database cleanup
- Track inbound marketing activity and measure lead funnel conversion
- Develop materials and lead training for sales teams on best practices with Salesforce while leveraging Salesforce to track and report progress across various product and industry segments
- Keep up to date on the latest Salesforce applications and enhancements to determine appropriate partnerships and improvements
- Mentor, develop and manage the Salesforce Operations Analyst position at Civis
- Work with sales leadership, Finance, HR, and Legal to establish clear processes for:
- Territory tracking and reporting
- Goal setting and variable compensation tracking
- Sales training, collateral, demos, and case study development
- Quote, proposal, and legal document management and coordination
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication, meeting facilitation, and organizational skills with ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms via presentations and written format
- Able to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Salesforce Business Super User with advanced Salesforce training course completions and specific understanding of forecasting and dashboard development
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- 4+ years in depth Salesforce experience, 2+ managing small team - 8 total years experience in sales operations
- Experience with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot, etc.
- Strong ability to solve problems using data.
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers at all levels
- B. S. in business, IT, Marketing or related field