Sales Operations & Deal Desk Analyst at Braze (Chicago, IL)
Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Sales Team and subject matter expert on all Deal Desk processes, best practices, and systems (e.g. Salesforce, DealHub, DocuSign, Conga Composer)
- Assist the Sales Team in building non-standard or complex orders
- Partner with cross-functional departments to learn business needs and help facilitate the deal process (e.g. structuring deals/contracts, approvals, and order management)
- Educate Sales Team and train new hires on Deal Desk processes and best practices to ensure that approvals, policies and procedures are properly followed and well documented
- Review deals for accurate terms, billing information and pricing to ensure that data included in contracts aligns with Braze's internal systems
- Proactively evolve and improve workflows, processes, and automation to increase the effectiveness of Deal Desk
WHAT YOU HAVE
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a Sales Operations/Deal Desk or related role
- You are proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- You have knowledge of Salesforce.com, admin/power user experience is a plus
- You’re tech-savvy and passionate about learning new tools, systems, and processes
- You’re a team player who loves to collaborate cross-functionally and globally to support the broader team's goals
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- You have a proven ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders
- You’re an innate problem solver with an enthusiastic "roll up your sleeves" mentality
- You’re extremely organized and able to work on both long-term projects and requests that require a quick turnaround
- Prior experience working at a B2B SaaS business
- Salesforce Admin experience
- Experience working with DocuSign, Conga Composer, DealHub and/or a CPQ tool
For candidates based in the United States, the pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $57,600 and $80,400/year with an expected On Target Earnings (OTE) between $72,000 and $94,500/year (including bonus or commission). Your exact offer may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to cash compensation, Braze offers full- and part- time employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants of restricted stock (RSUs) so that all Braze employees own a piece of our company.
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) which comes into effect January 1, 2023, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.