Sales Operations Director at Civis Analytics
At Civis Analytics, we bring objective, data-driven truth to organizational decision-making—from the boardroom to the world’s largest progressive social causes.
This mission isn’t an aspiration: it’s something we see realized every day, and it brings purpose to everything we’re working on.
We combine a sophisticated SaaS product with our specialized data science consultancy to empower tens of thousands of active users to make millions of data-driven decisions every month. From joining disparate data sources and automating reporting, to building more elaborate models of targeted audiences and optimizing messages for them, organizations like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the City of Boston, and iHeart Radio trust Civis’s technology to make their most critical decisions.
Core to our product and consulting offerings is Civis Platform, which makes it easy to import, manage, transform, analyze, and report on data. Our customers love Civis Platform because it empowers them to focus on finding data-driven answers to their most critical questions—in other words, we empower them to run their business, rather than running a tech stack.
Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
All employees either must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, initiate vaccination before your start date, or file an exemption request prior to start date per company policy for review. Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19, all Civis offices are closed and employees are remote until further notice. This is being closely monitored as the situation evolves. Although it’s likely our offices will reopen, positions hired outside of Civis office locations will be remote roles.What we are looking for
Our team is looking for a Sales Operations Director to lead the acquisition of new customers and growth of our business across our SaaS and consulting business. You will work closely with the VP of Business Development, Business Development Managers and Account Managers to build processes for executing an efficient revenue growth strategy.
You must be able to work well with others, approach problems from different perspectives and you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
We value creativity, hard work and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
About the Role
The Sales Operations & Enablement Manager is responsible for managing all sales process tracking and support for the Civis sales and marketing teams including the overall ownership and management of the CRM (Salesforce.com) and additional tech stack tools. The majority of your focus will be on building tools to increase the sales team’s effectiveness through process innovation, forecasting, reporting, and material development. The Director of Sales Operations will be responsible for ongoing implementation and support of multiple projects that will help us build on years of successful sales, case studies and innovative technology. To get all of this done, you will need to collaborate with key business users, marketing and sales teams, and Executive leadership to implement solutions that exceed the expectations of internal stakeholders.
- Develop and analyze marketing and sales campaign performance and deliver actionable insights
- Establish clear expectations and processes for Salesforce account, contact, and opportunity tracking and own reporting and analysis for bookings, revenue, pipeline management and forecasting
- Present analysis to sales leaders and executive management with suggestions for next steps
- Perform regular data audits and develop and maintain database health reporting
- Optimize lead funnel conversion
- Develop materials and lead training for sales teams on best practices with Salesforce while leveraging Salesforce to track and report progress across various product and industry segments
- Mentor, develop and manage support analyst position at Civis
- Work with sales leadership, Finance, HR, Marketing and Legal to establish clear processes for:
- Territory tracking and reporting
- Goal setting and variable compensation tracking
- Sales training, collateral, demos, and case study development
- Quote, proposal, and legal document management and coordination
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong communication, meeting facilitation, and organizational skills with ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms via presentations and written format
- Experience in media, analytics, data or technology sales
- Able to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Salesforce Business Super User with advanced Salesforce training course completions and specific understanding of forecasting and dashboard development
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- 8+ years in depth Salesforce experience, 4+ managing small team - 8 total years experience in sales operations
- Experience with marketing automation tools
- Strong ability to solve problems using data.
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers at all levels
Civis offers opportunities for newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anyone in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily, and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas—no matter how big they are.
We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo, and finding new ways to help our company—and each other—grow.Why join our team?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on solving interesting and meaningful problems, invested in internal promotion, and committed to fostering a diverse, equal, and inclusive workplace.
- Competitive benefits, including unlimited PTO; 401K match with immediate vesting; health, dental, and vision benefits; fully paid parental leave; breastfeeding support, including breastmilk shipping services for traveling moms; commuter benefits; wellness initiatives, including weekly group meditations; monthly on-site massage therapy; and pet insurance.
- To support employees in our now-fully remote work environment, we have expanded our virtual journal and book clubs, Donut Pals (organized virtual coffee meet-ups), Lightning Talks (five-minute presentations on anything you’d like), Lunch-and-Learns, and HR Open Discussions (bi-weekly meet-ups where we discuss ideas and topics of the day in a casual format). We are also able to support and accommodate flexible work from-home-schedules to help employees juggle their domestic responsibilities.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees, and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW