Sales Operations Manager at Buildout, Inc.
What happens if you take a great team and a strong product and pair it with excellence in sales and revenue operations? We are doing just that at Buildout.
In our company we value Team, Customers, Product, Improvement, and Profit. When we say we value Improvement, it means that we commit to analyzing how our business is performing, solving challenging operational problems, taking action, and learning from our mistakes. We commit to excellence in how we think about sales and revenue operations. Our efforts speak for themselves - we are one of the few SaaS companies with negative net churn and we’ve been listed in Inc. 5000 four years in a row.
As the Sales Operations Manager, you will be the resident process improvement, technology, workflow and reporting expert. As an individual contributor, you will report into the VP of Sales and work with him to ensure our sales team is both efficient in their work and effective in their customer interactions. Additionally, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Director of Marketing, VP of Customer Success, and other senior management to improve operations across the customer journey. Finally, you will own data integrity and data analysis, to provide relevant insights to the VP of Sales and other management on key strategic decisions.
You will directly impact our sales strategy, the customer experience, and our ability to grow and scale Buildout. You will be serving in a critical, value-centered role necessary for Buildout's successful realization of its goals.
This role is perfect for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you are data-driven, process-oriented, self-motivated, have a strong desire for continuous improvement, and are looking for a company where your contributions will have a direct impact on the growth of the department and the company.What You’ll Bring to Buildout
- This is a highly valued role so you should have 4+ years of experience in revenue/sales operations or similar roles at B2B high-growth SaaS companies running Salesforce. You should also have advanced administrative experience in SFDC; if you have an Admin Certification or advanced Trailblazer Rank, that would be ideal.
- You understand sales methodologies, what drives sales behavior, how sales processes work, and the customer journey across Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, and Engineering.
- You have an analytical, problem-solving mindset with an ability to diagnose root cause issues and take action in a dynamic environment and a proven track record of leading process improvement initiatives.
- You are extremely comfortable navigating Excel and/or Google Sheets to build reports, models, and the like.
- You have experience in both sales enablement and sales operations (on-boarding, sales processes, systems, etc.).
- You have experience building and/or managing the sales and customer success tech stack during fast paced growth periods. We’d like for you to have experience in marketing automation systems like Hubspot, customer success automation systems like Totango or Gainsight, and marketing and sales enablement tools like SalesLoft.
- You are a skilled communicator with experience presenting to a vast audience including internal stakeholders and customers. You are assertive but you also listen and can be influenced by others’ perspectives.
- You will report into and work with the VP of Sales to develop and execute a sales and revenue operations plan to grow new/cross-sell sales and scale the sales team in collaboration with Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Finance.
- You will continually improve our processes and identify opportunities to automate and drive scalability in Salesforce and other sales and customer success tools impacting our ability to grow recurring revenue.
- You will implement sales, marketing, and customer success processes to drive strategy, improve demand generation, support system requirements and workflows, ensure high department productivity, and facilitate measurement of the customer lifecycle.
- You will determine how to best measure our demand generation process, sales and marketing effectiveness and efficiency, and the customer journey.
- You will monitor and improve the integrity of our data in Salesforce and other key systems integrating with Salesforce like Hubspot and Totango.
- You will develop, monitor, and analyze reports, including forecasts, pipeline, program ROI, KPIs, historical performance, and individual sales rep and relationship management performance, to assess progress and identify areas for improvement.
Of course what is outlined above is your ideal day-to-day, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Buildout has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles may not be remote long-term and may return to an office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.What We Value
- Team: We achieve more as a team than apart, so we wholeheartedly commit to listening, empathizing, and giving the benefit of the doubt to our team members. We commit to inclusion by accepting people as individuals and valuing who they are. Teamwork Makes the Dream Work™.
- Customers: We listen to and support our customers across our teams. We believe that customer service is in every job description and commit to delighting our customers.
- Product: We live by Q=PUE (n. pooh): Quality = Polish x Understanding x Engineering. We seek to empathetically Understand the problem and always ask “why.” We iteratively Engineer great solutions. And we patiently Polish the result to get to Buildout Quality.
- Improvement: We focus on making a significant impact by taking steps to improve ourselves, our company, and the lives of our customers.
- Profit: We effectively create value as a company, which brings in profit that practically powers our Team, Customers, Product, and Improvement.
Buildout is the software used by top commercial real estate companies to power their marketing and brokerage operations. Learn more about who we are, what we do, and why we’re changing the face of CRE tech on our website: https://buildout.com/.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including fully paying your monthly premiums.
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability, and life insurance
- Beautiful and convenient offices in Downtown Chicago
- Most importantly, a wonderfully quirky culture with a committed and supportive management team invested in your growth and development
Buildout is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Below, you will be asked to complete identity information for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). It is required by law that we ask these questions using the format provided by the EEOC. However, we want you to know that at Buildout, we understand that gender is not binary and welcome people of all identities. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here to view our Equal Opportunity Employment Poster.