Sales Representative, Campus Sales at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
The Sales Representative, Campus Sales is responsible for growing their territory through new and existing campus partnerships within the higher education space. The Sales Representative’s responsibilities include upkeep and reporting on territory plan, informing potential and existing customers of product features and benefits, and establishing relationships with key stakeholders in order to exceed sales goals. As a member of our team, you should also be able to create as well as present sales proposals to customers to encourage sales and repeat business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Qualifies new sales leads and maintains a well-developed pipeline of prospects
- Tracks all sales activities within the CRM system
- Develops strong, ongoing relationships via in-person visits and remote correspondence with the goal of expanding partnerships and widening RedShelf's digital distribution of course materials
- Facilitate product understanding and engagement to maximize sales and exceed sales targets
- Works in close partnership with Account Executives to ensure customer satisfaction; resolves any issues that may arise post-sale.
- Effectively gathering market feedback and industry intelligence, while reporting your experiences, challenges, and progress to the organization
- Bachelor's degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration on Excel skills and a CRM software
- Ability to manage a large book of business
- Ability to succeed independently and as part of a team
- Available for travel to customer visits and industry trade shows and events
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.