Sales Representative at Kin Insurance
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:40 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 14, 2019
Here at Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers and innovators ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges head on and breaking down walls, but remaining chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Our sales team takes center stage in helping our customers choose the best policy for their home. You’ll be responsible for speaking to interested individuals about their home insurance needs, creating custom policies, and helping close the sale. We use a variety of in-house tools and technologies to make the process easier for our customers. Our Marketing team helps generate leads, your responsibility will be to contact homeowners to build custom quotes. You’ll be reaching out to warm leads and following up on past potential customers.
A day in the life could include:
- Responsible for speaking with customers to discuss home insurance options and quotes. We use an auto dialer technology to make the process seamless. We also connect with our customers via email and chat.
- Follow up on all outstanding potential customers daily
- Build custom policies for each customer using internal tools and systems
- Ask targeted questions to determine best policy for your customers
- Educate customers on the more finer points of home insurance
- Stay up to date on industry changes and trends
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- Comfortable working in a goal oriented environment with daily goals, metrics, and quotas
- Enjoy working in an ever changing environment. We’re disrupting a century old industry, that means we experiment with new techniques, strategies, and systems often
- Able to work one weekend shift every four weeks
- Shifts needed: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build rapport over the phone
- Property and Casualty license or ability to obtain one within 60 days. We’ll provide training and support if you need to obtain your license.
- Superior time management skills
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
- Commuter Benefit Plans
- Flexible PTO
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership
- Company provided lunch several times a month
- Daily rotating option of snacks
- Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description