Sales Strategy Manager, Breakthrough Innovation
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBAR cuts through the clutter with a clean ingredient deck and disruptive branding. A unique, No B.S value proposition has propelled RXBAR to be a major, rapidly growing player in the nutrition category.
Sales Strategy Manager, Breakthrough Innovation: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth comes from dynamic distribution channels including e-commerce, independent specialty locations like coffee shops and fitness studios, strategic enterprise accounts like Caribou and Life Time Fitness and traditional channels like grocery, convenience, mass and club. Our distribution and retail partners require support, organization and tracking.
The Sales Strategy Manager, Breakthrough Innovation will be responsible for bringing the Sales perspective to long-term planning for breakthrough innovation (e.g., new products for RX).
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- RX business plan: Understand RX’s 3-year strategy plan and priorities
- Partner cross-functionally to determine breakthrough innovation’s role in RX’s long-term plan as it relates to distribution, share of growth, and commercialization
- Alignment: Bring the customer-facing perspective (review timing, options and the customer’s strategy) to long-term planning for breakthrough innovation
- Collect information from the Sales team about our customers (from headquarter to store level) to inform and lead the cross-channel go-to-market strategy for breakthrough innovation
- Maintain cross-channel perspective while developing distribution strategies to anticipate and mitigate channel conflict
- Partner with Category Insights and Marketing to identify market opportunities (e.g., ACV and TDP goals, SKU mix, etc.)
- Work with Revenue Management to translate the optimal promotional and pricing plans to the market
- Coordinate with Revenue Management to develop initial forecast for new breakthrough items
- Execution: Act as the liaison between Sales and the rest of the organization to communicate and execute the Sales strategy for breakthrough innovation
- Serve as the representative of Sales on all breakthrough innovation-related teams
- Partner with Supply Chain to facilitate communication, alignment, and execution between demand and supply for new breakthrough innovation items
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or advanced degree in business is a plus
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, ideally in CPG with a sales strategy/planning focus, or a background in Management Consulting
- Excellent cross-functional and cross-channel collaboration skills, including the ability to influence and build consensus across multiple competing objectives/perspectives
- Logical approach to problem solving, analytics, planning, and the ability to flex between a long-term “big picture” understanding and a short-term detailed tactical focus
- Fluent in synthesizing large and disparate data sets to identify the key implications and to then tell a story of your findings in a clear, concise, and visually appealing presentation via PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, with comfort building dynamic models in Excel and translating findings into actions
- Positive attitude, intellectually curious, and an excitement for growing our business
- Highly organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while effectively managing multiple deadlines
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter who is able to navigate ambiguity
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Fast learner
- Intellectually humble
- Emotionally intelligent
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with RXBAR match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.